motorized bike shop/help in Fort Worth TX?

choate

Local time
9:28 AM
hey all, I had a guy in MO where I used to live help me put together a that'sdax engine on a wal-mart Road Master mountain bike. I finally tried to get it going a few weeks ago. Got it started, it wouldn't idle but ran and seemed to run good. Did notice though I thought the chain tensioner was on upside down from what I'd read on here. I road it around the block a few times and got it almost up to full speed and seemed all good. Stopped and looked it over and sure enough the chain was almost off the tensioner. I'm not by any means a mechanic or even close but I moved it to where I'd seen in pictures but apparently didn't tighten it enough b/c it slid around and the chain came off and got into the spokes. Ruined the rear wheel so I need a cheap new rear wheel/tire and someone with the tools to get the cassette off and on a new wheel and I'd like to find a shop that could look over the bike and make sure it's set up to run correctly and won't have any more big issues going forward but all I find is regular bike shops. I haven't checked into any of them yet but anybody have any suggessions where to go? I should have probably just bought one totally built from the get go honestly...........

Back