Motorized bike starts but then dies. when trying to start engine, makes popping noises which is followed by short burst of acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.
to what setting, is that the little pin that sits in the carb?
Depending on what carb you have, you might have up to 5 settings of adjustment in your carb. To fine tune the carb you are working with, you will want to use a bunch of spark plugs. To tune your jetting, you'll want to run your engine under load at low rpms, then check your plug color and and adjust your idle jet accordingly. Mid range is usually adjusted with needle settings. Top end is adjusted with your main jet. This is simple tuning with the stock 2 stroke carb. Use plug checks to see if you are at staiometric ratio during specific rpms (If at top rpm, kill your engine at max rpm full throttle to check your main jet tune). To test your other tunes, run your engine at idle and check the plug color after 10 minutes, and for mid range go half throttle for around 20 minutes, then kill the engine at around half throttle.
Try to get your plug brown. Grey or white is too lean, jet up. Black is too rich, jet down.

Also extrememod i love the part where you say you need to pedal the ever loving sh*t outta it, because thats exactly what i have to do to get anything out of it. i be pedalling so fast at the end i feel sick to the stomach.
I'd almost bet money on your CDI being bad, try out your friends and if it works buy a couple off of ebay or amazon for about $7 each.

Where are you getting your gas at? I just took a 40 mile trip no problems until I got worried next gas station 50 miles so I asked the waitress for a jug. She brought back old one gallon milk jug I mix the gas about a half gallon save the rest my bike ran okay until after 2 hours I want to hear use the rest I poured the rest of the gas in the tank.
It ran for 200 yards then the the motor puttered out.
Would not start I'll check the wiring CDI spark you know how it goes then I drain the gas out of the car the bike started up again it ran for 200 yards then puttered out.
I double check the electricity would not start until I drained it the carburetor again get fired up then died after 200 yards.
So the container which it was very clean has a plastic contamination I get my bike over drain my tank put in totally new gas and oil the back fired right up took off no problem since then you might have contaminated gas if it's not in a DOT approved container other containers like a gallon pesticide will literally kill the motor and you will not be able to bring it back to life so different containers with two stroke oil gas have different effects get a clean gas can redo your gas might be the problem got milk got gas wrong container.

Hello everyone, im buying a new kit off ebay - claims to be 100cc but is simply an 80cc with a different gasket head leading to better compression.

If its claiming to be a 100cc, that is the newer yd100 engine (a true 80cc) vs the standard 66cc/80cc engines. Those are a single piece head/jug which doesn't utilize a head gasket.
Quite an interesting way to solve what probably was only a $7 problem but to each their own.

If its claiming to be a 100cc, that is the newer yd100 engine (a true 80cc) vs the standard 66cc/80cc engines. Those are a single piece head/jug which doesn't utilize a head gasket.
Quite an interesting way to solve what probably was only a $7 problem but to each their own.
ah well haha goes faster so full send it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back