Khamsin

Local time
10:26 PM
Hey there fellas! I'm prepping to take a motorized bike trip with my huffy cranbrook either in May or June From Philadelphia To Atlantic city.. I'm kinda iffy about using my current 2 stroke engine and I was told a 4 stroke would be the way to go for such a trip. Could you guys Recommend any Brakes, Tires and anything else for this long trip? Thanks a lot!

17022416_186872688469008_7084958452459866982_n.jpg
This be the bike.

Alright, I've got a mountain bike fork 1 inch threaded with brakes. they're better than your standard cruiser kit brakes.

that bike will make it as is if you: bring extra tube, folding extra tire, pump, quart of 2 stroke oil, extra fuel bottle(s) smart phone/map, and keep your oil mix ratio a *little* more "oily-er" than usual, who cares about exhaust drips? it beats walking!!! service your hubs, check your spokes, bring an extra tensioner roller WITH the nut, washers, and bolt pre-assembled in your bag with your toolkit,..ready to just bolt into the old holder. and WATCH your current one. CLOSELY. ANY sign of a problem, chuck the old one. pre-planning your route can be helpful,..i just google map every 20-30 minutes or so. then,..you wont go the wrong way for TOO long.

but just hearing the words "philly" and "atlantic city"----dude. COPS!!!! beware. just beware. youre going right into cop land. better watch your back.--and sides. no way on earth would I go near either one of those cities on a gas powered motorized bike.

for my upcoming china girl cross country tour,....im actively avoiding: police, highways/interstates, and large towns/cities. i'll just putt-putt around the long way,...TYVM.

Last edited:
Buy a spare bike put a motor system on it buy baby training wheels tow it behind you, also get navy duffle bags 2 on saddle bags on the spare 2 on the horse bike carry anything you can dream of including spare motor also buy a gun 2 people are more inclined to rob than 1.

BigBobby summed it up well. lube up everything n check spoke tension. my CG had 125 miles on it first trip of 75+ miles. I had 2 tubes and wrenches, only thing happened was the kickstand vibrated lose so I had zip ties tho hold it. you can do it!

I just went over all my spare motors and came up with one complete, ready to run spare motor,...and an additional top end (jug, piston, pin, roller bearing.) NOW im ready for the trip to AZ!!! I got a backup for my backup.

Attachments

• 0325191756.jpg
    0325191756.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 210
  • 0325191756c.jpg
    0325191756c.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 202
I just went over all my spare motors and came up with one complete, ready to run spare motor,...and an additional top end (jug, piston, pin, roller bearing.) NOW im ready for the trip to AZ!!! I got a backup for my backup.
Are you going to carry all of that the whole way? I could agree on the top end; but a whole spare engine as well?!
I would box it up and make a list of addresses of the post offices you'll be passing on your route. If you can have it sent to "post restante" that should be enough insurance.

Back