I've never tried any of those sectional tubes, nor the run-flat systems on Amazon. I've run 10s of thousands of miles on Slime'd tubes.

A regular ol Kenda tube with 6oz of Slime in it - I'd trust that over just about anything else. The Stan's system intrigues me tho:

someone needs to try this and report. its like super key i think towards peace of mind for a long trip or just something less to worry about. the tube is like 2x a regular premium tube so i think its still worth. i would do it except i just got a ton of substantial sh*t to do still on my hybrid to get it to the point where it can do 500-600 miles continuously for a long trip

DAMN Bak! How did I miss this thread! Right up my alley.
72V 3000W Cyclone Electric and Gas Generator Build (SBP kit) - Three Phase Dev

I've never tried any of those sectional tubes, nor the run-flat systems on Amazon. I've run 10s of thousands of miles on Slime'd tubes.

A regular ol Kenda tube with 6oz of Slime in it - I'd trust that over just about anything else. The Stan's system intrigues me tho:

Since I trust your opinion, how is the balance with slime? I run around 50 mph to keep up with traffic so balance is very important.

Since I trust your opinion, how is the balance with slime? I run around 50 mph to keep up with traffic so balance is very important.

Thanks, I've never noticed any issues with balance and Slime as long as it wasn't cold. I can't say I have much experience going over 40MPH with it aside from the weekend trips up and down "Harwood Hill" my brothers and I used to take as kids last century. 40-60MPH was common for us and we always had Slime'd tubes for San Jose is a goathead city. I don't remember ever having balance issues with wheels, only balance issues on bikes. A friend once speed-wobbled into a curb going over 30, luckily he skidded on someone's nice long grass yard for fully 30 feet.

Years ago on the other forum I remember participating in a thread about Slime, always a controversial topic, and a guy who was an even bigger fan of it than I am claimed it actually balanced wheels. I dunno about that, but quite a few downhill guys use Stan's No Tubes and it's roughly the same thing - a latex liquid that seals leaks. I could see it pulling a MPH or 2 off your top speed tho, I've noticed a difference going uphill. Maybe it's just the additional wheel weight.

Back