Are you going to carry all of that the whole way? I could agree on the top end; but a whole spare engine as well?!
I would box it up and make a list of addresses of the post offices you'll be passing on your route. If you can have it sent to "post restante" that should be enough insurance.

hey furry--that sprocket issue I had is already fixed. no filing. the whole sprocket moved about 1/32". I loosened the 3 bolts and gave her one single tap and it was perfect. going to the hardware store to get myself some sort of steel shim stock to wrap around the bolt -about 3/16" of the bolt from the base of the cap/top so that sprocket cant shift when i start it. your input on not filing the sprocket was dead nuts accurate. thank you for stopping me.

Last edited:
Better get down there before gets too hot about 115° F daily until about 3:00 in the morning then you get 1 hour sleep because you got be up by 4:00 to got to work in the hot sun .

Hey there fellas! I'm prepping to take a motorized bike trip with my huffy cranbrook either in May or June From Philadelphia To Atlantic city.. I'm kinda iffy about using my current 2 stroke engine and I was told a 4 stroke would be the way to go for such a trip. Could you guys Recommend any Brakes, Tires and anything else for this long trip? Thanks a lot!
change the stock tread the huffy comes with crappy tires need to switch those out also the rims.also you may wanna get another clutch just in case they go out on long rides

Hey there fellas! I'm prepping to take a motorized bike trip with my huffy cranbrook either in May or June From Philadelphia To Atlantic city.. I'm kinda iffy about using my current 2 stroke engine and I was told a 4 stroke would be the way to go for such a trip. Could you guys Recommend any Brakes, Tires and anything else for this long trip? Thanks a lot!
This trip is what 60 miles not even, that's not really that far if every thing is solid and setup for the task,This summer a group of us are going to travel from Hamilton On to Tobermorry On, it's 200 miles one way and we'll ride 100 a day witch I do quite often.I carry tools,tire repair kit,pump,and some commen spares.The biggest thing about using these bikes for me is to get back from where ever you went without issue so I pace the bikes trips out farther and farther to see what it will do and how long it will go.

This trip is what 60 miles not even, that's not really that far if every thing is solid and setup for the task,This summer a group of us are going to travel from Hamilton On to Tobermorry On, it's 200 miles one way and we'll ride 100 a day witch I do quite often.I carry tools,tire repair kit,pump,and some commen spares.The biggest thing about using these bikes for me is to get back from where ever you went without issue so I pace the bikes trips out farther and farther to see what it will do and how long it will go.

when you got a lot of people with you,... everything is easier. and safer. and if something happens to your rig,...you got multi-people on the case,...hopefully with tools.

Different bike but..... I rode from Martinsburg wv. to Crisfield md. 219 mi. One way . Other than the bay bridge tunnel were my pre-order arranged ride didn't show up and caused a one day delay all went fairly well. Maintenance crew hauled me when they discovered I was stuck. Only other problem was I lost my quart of 2 s oil but mixed some gas with motor oil and went to the next fuel stop and got some. All was not as much fun as planned what with rain and a leaky older tent. Road conditions and construction detours traffic jams / rush hour etc. Highway problems bleed over onto secondary roads. But I got there and back a month later. You just deal with problems as they happen the best you can.. . The problems you are most prepared for never seem to happen. I don't know why but that's the way my life goes. Have fun and take alot of pics. Just remember that when you take the least reliable transportation and use it for well transportation the sign reads Life ahead expect delays.......

when you got a lot of people with you,... everything is easier. and safer. and if something happens to your rig,...you got multi-people on the case,...hopefully with tools.
That may be true but in this group I'm the mechanic and the one whom built all the bikes,so if anything happens to break down or fail it's on me to take care of.I do 100 mile oneway trips by myself quite often,like I said if you know how far it will go without issue it makes for a bit of peace of mind!

split up your tools and make them carry some??--lol
LOL that would be nice but everyone has their own gear to carry,I've carried thirty pounds of tools and spares along with ten pounds of clothes and a full engine in a back pack 90 miles straight run and shot my hiway speed video with that weight after picking up a customers engine and being in the city a couple days.It's not that bad though I'm concidering building a couple trailers for all the extra gear required for this trip and four or five guy's and their bikes.

LOL that would be nice but everyone has their own gear to carry,I've carried thirty pounds of tools and spares along with ten pounds of clothes and a full engine in a back pack 90 miles straight run and shot my hiway speed video with that weight after picking up a customers engine and being in the city a couple days.It's not that bad though I'm concidering building a couple trailers for all the extra gear required for this trip and four or five guy's and their bikes.

is that so??

well then. now I feel even better about what IM packing for MY 2200 mile trip in 2 months. im also toting a spare complete motor. (only 14lbs- stripped) along with a fair amount of tools (no final decision on those yet),...SOME clothing, my camping gear (modern, ultralight, minimalist) and the usual miscellaneous crap. I figure my cargo load without me,... off the bike,.... will weigh somewhere between 40-45lbs. I have good racks. and a backpack. and really good wheels and tires. I think I got nothing to worry about. no trailer.

Back