Hey there fellas! I'm prepping to take a motorized bike trip with my huffy cranbrook either in May or June From Philadelphia To Atlantic city.. I'm kinda iffy about using my current 2 stroke engine and I was told a 4 stroke would be the way to go for such a trip. Could you guys Recommend any Brakes, Tires and anything else for this long trip? Thanks a lot!
Ya I would recommend no flat tires cost about 20 bucks each only fits 1.75 to 1.95 but no more worry about flats.
Another magnum rims cuz eventually your luggage is going to get snag in your spokes and or your spokes will break on your rag joint you half to pull the sprocket off to replace means a bike shop that charge about $65.00 per hour and then the spokes we're expensive.
Next get a rear luggage rack.
Next throw away any saddlebag they ain't big enough for trips there only good for church boys passing out zombie Bible books.
Next go to a war surplus outlet buy 2 navy duffle bags there hug and will carry anything including a spare engine Jerry rig it to your rack.

Next take a look at your nuts and bolts get replacements they may shake out and put your putter down.

Tools 10 mm ratchet wrench cresent wrench might need 2 to pull the rear wheel off.
Spare CDI attach it to your bike frame and maybe a spare magneto, spare spark plugs and socket ratchet.

A gun if you got one there could be a lot of snakes out there looking for a new ride.

Spare master links about a 3 pack.

Batteries or charger for headlights and rear flashing light about 100 watts do a good job on blinding motorist however if another bike is ahead of you with one it's going to be annoying.

They don't sell maps anymore at gas stations so take your cell phone with a good bike map app and pay for service you might need it when your 30 miles out from nearest wifi.

Maybe small first aid kit with pain killers your ass is gonna hurt from that bicycle seat after a few hours.

Ya I would recommend no flat tires cost about 20 bucks each only fits 1.75 to 1.95 but no more worry about flats.
Another magnum rims cuz eventually your luggage is going to get snag in your spokes and or your spokes will break on your rag joint you half to pull the sprocket off to replace means a bike shop that charge about $65.00 per hour and then the spokes we're expensive.
Next get a rear luggage rack.
Next throw away any saddlebag they ain't big enough for trips there only good for church boys passing out zombie Bible books.
Next go to a war surplus outlet buy 2 navy duffle bags there hug and will carry anything including a spare engine Jerry rig it to your rack.

Next take a look at your nuts and bolts get replacements they may shake out and put your putter down.

Tools 10 mm ratchet wrench cresent wrench might need 2 to pull the rear wheel off.
Spare CDI attach it to your bike frame and maybe a spare magneto, spare spark plugs and socket ratchet.

A gun if you got one there could be a lot of snakes out there looking for a new ride.

Spare master links about a 3 pack.

Batteries or charger for headlights and rear flashing light about 100 watts do a good job on blinding motorist however if another bike is ahead of you with one it's going to be annoying.

They don't sell maps anymore at gas stations so take your cell phone with a good bike map app and pay for service you might need it when your 30 miles out from nearest wifi.

Maybe small first aid kit with pain killers your ass is gonna hurt from that bicycle seat after a few hours.

I think jury-rigging 2 duffle bags to your bike would be more likely to cause a spoke snag than having 2 sets of moderate-sized pannier bags that are meant to be on a bike.---just sayin'.

but,....carrying a PISTOL on a gas powered motorized bicycle??? have at it. god speed. I would just let the guy have the 2-300 dollar bike before I risk a cop finding THAT. a cop finds that gun,..and it's gonna cost you wayyyy more than a motorized CG ever would.

What Big Bobby said ∆

Don't want to be messing with Jersey gun laws going to AC.

forget the duffle bag. too long and cumbersome. i have Ross panniers and with the attached top bag, you can hold a hella lot. lots of features, Velcro attached to rear rack, expandable, waterproof.
20180708_174649.jpg20180708_174545.jpg

forget the duffle bag. too long and cumbersome. i have Ross panniers and with the attached top bag, you can hold a hella lot. lots of features, Velcro attached to rear rack, expandable, waterproof.
View attachment 86844View attachment 86845

got 2 sets of the exact same bag(s). ebay special. using them for the big cross-continent ride. my spare motor wrapped in padding fits in one side perfectly. got a LOT of room left. (plus a backpack for clothing)

a CO2 bb gun would be interesting tho! but just as effective is a thrown ratchet or 14mm wrench. best not to be sketchy if you draw attention from the man passing thru some small town

something tells me that if he pulls over a motorized bike,... with an ADULT at the helm,.... finding a bb gun is going to make him say,... "WTF is this for???" in an unpleasant tone of voice--LOL

Last edited:
I think you probably won't even get searched if you don't look homeless. I carry ALL THE TIME, but you'd never know it. It you be better to have a small pistol in an ankle holster or something. I'm not sure what your wearing. If the pistol is in the bike and someone steals the bike that's not going to help. There are wallet holsters as well.

Back