Ya I would recommend no flat tires cost about 20 bucks each only fits 1.75 to 1.95 but no more worry about flats.
Another magnum rims cuz eventually your luggage is going to get snag in your spokes and or your spokes will break on your rag joint you half to pull the sprocket off to replace means a bike shop that charge about $65.00 per hour and then the spokes we're expensive.
Next get a rear luggage rack.
Next throw away any saddlebag they ain't big enough for trips there only good for church boys passing out zombie Bible books.
Next go to a war surplus outlet buy 2 navy duffle bags there hug and will carry anything including a spare engine Jerry rig it to your rack.

Next take a look at your nuts and bolts get replacements they may shake out and put your putter down.

Tools 10 mm ratchet wrench cresent wrench might need 2 to pull the rear wheel off.
Spare CDI attach it to your bike frame and maybe a spare magneto, spare spark plugs and socket ratchet.

A gun if you got one there could be a lot of snakes out there looking for a new ride.

Spare master links about a 3 pack.

Batteries or charger for headlights and rear flashing light about 100 watts do a good job on blinding motorist however if another bike is ahead of you with one it's going to be annoying.

They don't sell maps anymore at gas stations so take your cell phone with a good bike map app and pay for service you might need it when your 30 miles out from nearest wifi.

Maybe small first aid kit with pain killers your ass is gonna hurt from that bicycle seat after a few hours.
this is a dead thread. the OP was last seen in 2017, which is 2 years ago or 13% of my life's existence.

yep bury it. I think tho there's another thread someone was planning a long ass trip. but I can't remem who, or what was asked

yeah im going from ny to az. but,...who cares about whether a thread is dead or old? nobody is forcing you to read or post.

It used to be the forum community and moderator cared about digging up old not relevant threads. That's why they're is the "warning this thread is more than three years old" thing now. Did you not read the forum rules before you posted?

not relevant. to you. its relevant to me. don't you ever speak down to me about whats relevant. i can read any thread I want,..and I can post on or bump any thread I want.,..because i find them relevant. I think you need to find something else to do. because old threads and my postings have absolutely zero impact on your life. zero. so find someone else to be a snob to. because you've already adopted an attitude of superiority,... and you've only been a member here for 2 months. so spare me.

i'll tell you, and everybody else,..that I don't accept being spoken down to. do it again,...and i'll report you. because THAT is against the forum rules.

oh-BTW,... I just read the forum rules. there is NOTHING wrong with,... or against the rules about,... bumping an old thread. ---didn't YOU read the forum rules before you posted? nope.

so,... are we done here?

Last edited:
Sorry if you felt i was talking down to you. I could have worded better but I honestly don't try adopt any attitude, just try to get help and help out where i can. I'd been lurking this forum and the other forum for close to a year before i signed up for the forum. When you first posted in this thread you it's like you were talking directly at the guy that hasn't been seen for 2.5 years. I wish you the best on your trip and your retirement. I've been looking forward to the nice weather so more people can get out and share their interesting experiences on here. Wish i had time to go on a sweet MB trip but i only get Winters off😢

Sorry if you felt i was talking down to you. I could have worded better but I honestly don't try adopt any attitude, just try to get help and help out where i can. I'd been lurking this forum and the other forum for close to a year before i signed up for the forum. When you first posted in this thread you it's like you were talking directly at the guy that hasn't been seen for 2.5 years. I wish you the best on your trip and your retirement. I've been looking forward to the nice weather so more people can get out and share their interesting experiences on here. Wish i had time to go on a sweet MB trip but i only get Winters off😢
I think some more bad weather rollin in later this week.

We all got some cabin fever lol i need to get out and ride :p

ok. fair enough. I was treated like dirt on the "other" forum: snobs. and wannabe boy geniuses. that would just openly insult each other. (i was called a communist!!) I thought I detected something and I knee-jerk reacted. ok man. we're good. I honestly thought I was in for an extended pissing match. but now im glad its over. I also apologize.

This trip is what 60 miles not even, that's not really that far if every thing is solid and setup for the task,This summer a group of us are going to travel from Hamilton On to Tobermorry On, it's 200 miles one way and we'll ride 100 a day witch I do quite often.I carry tools,tire repair kit,pump,and some commen spares.The biggest thing about using these bikes for me is to get back from where ever you went without issue so I pace the bikes trips out farther and farther to see what it will do and how long it will go.
Do you have a date set for this ride to Tobermory? I live in London and would be into a trip like that

Back