Motorized bike upgrade questions

Jferdi03

Local time
6:36 AM
Hello, I recently built my first bike. Budget was a huge factor and I haven't biked since I was a kid so I didn't know how much I would like it. I love it. My first build was a China doll on a 24" walmart bike. I'm getting an actual 26" mtb from the local bike shop that comes with disc brakes and looks better built. According to what I've read these should all improve my performance compared to the stock China doll setup I am used to. Can anyone confirm?

I'm also going with a 4L gas tank since I decided to mount my tank on a rack that attaches to my seat. Keeps it out of the way.

Will all of these items improve performance? I drive on the road but largely off road. I am looking for more speed and power. Better hill climbing as well

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Also, I use Lucas 2 stroke oil. Is it actually safe to ignore the manual and break it at 20:1 and then run 30:1 or 40:1

Welcome to the forum! Others here aren't really snobs trying to ignore you, they're just busy out in the garage fixing their 2 strokes. Bunch of good folks here and lots to learn.

I went out for a ride this morning, mid ride my bike lost power and quit. The back tire now spins freely regardless of the clutch lever. I can't get it to disengage when I release the lever the tire still spins. Fouled spark plug? I am not technical by any means. I had to pedal 15 km home. Ruined my fishing trip!

I went out for a ride this morning, mid ride my bike lost power and quit. The back tire now spins freely regardless of the clutch lever. I can't get it to disengage when I release the lever the tire still spins. Fouled spark plug? I am not technical by any means. I had to pedal 15 km home. Ruined my fishing trip!
Oh the joys of M/Bs. Did the clutch cable slip on the arm?

Nope, not the cable. Even with the cable detached and me moving the arm all the way to the left the rear tire is spinning freely. So strange. The bike died mid ride and the clutch doesn't work now. I tried taking the case off both sides and banging around, nothing. I took the pin thing out of the clutch and the bearing is either stuck in there or non existent. I'm assuming something on the clutch is broken, seems to be spark.

Hello, I recently built my first bike. Budget was a huge factor and I haven't biked since I was a kid so I didn't know how much I would like it. I love it. My first build was a China doll on a 24" walmart bike. I'm getting an actual 26" mtb from the local bike shop that comes with disc brakes and looks better built. According to what I've read these should all improve my performance compared to the stock China doll setup I am used to. Can anyone confirm?

I'm also going with a 4L gas tank since I decided to mount my tank on a rack that attaches to my seat. Keeps it out of the way.

Will all of these items improve performance? I drive on the road but largely off road. I am looking for more speed and power. Better hill climbing as well
That head has pretty good cooling fins but I don't know why it's over $50. This looks like the exact same one--> https://www.ebay.com/itm/194032341695?hash=item2d2d3a92bf:g:MckAAOSwZv1gdAFN

I don't know much about the pipe, it kinda looks like a MZ65 clone of some kind. The MZ65 is an awesome pipe, but I don't know about that one

The sprocket adapter is a good one, but again, why pay so much? same---> https://www.ebay.com/itm/402497357060?hash=item5db6b64504:g:cEcAAOSwJOlc647U

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I don't like the cnc hub adapters. It slips every time and bends my spokes. Even after roughing it up with sandpaper and cranking it on really hard.
20210711_142939.jpg
And those are 10 gauge stainless steel spokes. Imagine what it could do to 14 gauge cheap steel.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back