Motorized bike upgrade questions

I don't like the cnc hub adapters. It slips every time and bends my spokes. Even after roughing it up with sandpaper and cranking it on really hard.
View attachment 106236
And those are 10 gauge stainless steel spokes. Imagine what it could do to 14 gauge cheap steel.
You should pin the hub adaptors then they work awesome, never move and give a good concentric mount.

Thanks everyone for your replies. My prices are in Canadian dollars so may make them a bit cheaper. My last question until I get my clutch torn apart and need help fixing that is im considering this Zeda motor https://mobettabikes.ca/products/zeda-bt100-engine-kit
It is about $100 Canadian more than what I would have to pay for a China motor on amazon. Is this a better motor or just the same rebranded?
Thanks again everyone

This is the one im using myself since May of 2020...Zeda 80...

Almost 900 trouble free miles so far...I get it from a supplier in Montana and im told that it is actually built better than the Zeda 100...here is a technical comparison manual of GT5 vs PK80 vs Zeda 80.

Attachments

• Zeda-Technology-Co-Zeda80-Brief.pdf
    723.8 KB · Views: 181
Thanks everyone for your replies. My prices are in Canadian dollars so may make them a bit cheaper. My last question until I get my clutch torn apart and need help fixing that is im considering this Zeda motor https://mobettabikes.ca/products/zeda-bt100-engine-kit
It is about $100 Canadian more than what I would have to pay for a China motor on amazon. Is this a better motor or just the same rebranded?
Thanks again everyone
They are all Chinese engines in these kits, Stan at mobettabikes just imported the Zeda motors from China and sells them as a dealer here in Canada. Normal price for a good engine here is around $225 and it still works out cheaper than trying to buy one from a U.S. vendor after taxes/duty and shipping, how ever we are no longer legally able to import these kits into Canada so buy up what you can while you can if you intend to stay in this hobby/sport.

They are all Chinese engines in these kits, Stan at mobettabikes just imported the Zeda motors from China and sells them as a dealer here in Canada. Normal price for a good engine here is around $225 and it still works out cheaper than trying to buy one from a U.S. vendor after taxes/duty and shipping, how ever we are no longer legally able to import these kits into Canada so buy up what you can while you can if you intend to stay in this hobby/sport.
Thank you, so just to clarify Zeda motors are most likely not better than their unbranded counterparts? The unbranded ones are $180 on amazon, maybe I'd be better off scooping up two off Amazon.

Thank you, so just to clarify Zeda motors are most likely not better than their unbranded counterparts? The unbranded ones are $180 on amazon, maybe I'd be better off scooping up two off Amazon.
In all honesty, ive had the Flying Horse and the Seeutec Chinese motors, but the Zeda 80 Chinese motor is much better...it blew my other two right outta the water more power all around, better balance, smoother running, and better top end...DAMIEN

Sorry to ask another question, I am hoping to avoid a lot of the frustration and trips to the hardware store I endured on my first build. What difficulty will disc brakes add to installing my sprocket? Will I need anything special if I decided to go with the normal installation not a cnc adapter? Thanks again guys

Ive heard of "Banned in Boston", im from there...lol...But seriously, Canada banned imports of these CGs ???...DAMIEN
Yeah we lost the Canadian Grubee dist and when Stan sells out he can't reorder then it will be slim pickings as customs won't allow them in any more! So us Canadians better know how to build an engine up from parts as that's all we'll get through customs it sucks the big one, trust I'm not happy about it!

Yeah we lost the Canadian Grubee dist and when Stan sells out he can't reorder then it will be slim pickings as customs won't allow them in any more! So us Canadians better know how to build an engine up from parts as that's all we'll get through customs it sucks the big one, trust I'm not happy about it!
Im sure that re-runs of The Red Green show will be helpful in doing this..."Keep ya stick on the ice"...lol...DAMIEN

Back