Motorized Bike Wont Start, Has Spark

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the clutch cover off and the little nut holding the mag, there is a key slot in the mag and that slot should be at the 1 o'clock position.

Attachments

• IMG_0652.JPG
    IMG_0652.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 157
Buy a spark strength tester they are very cheap but super useful, if you don't get at least 20k spark strength it wont run!

Buy a spark strength tester they are very cheap but super useful, if you don't get at least 20k spark strength it wont run!
Ill look into buying one, Ive tried a few different spark plugs and cdis

With the clutch cover off and the little nut holding the mag, there is a key slot in the mag and that slot should be at the 1 o'clock position.
I've read to put the magnet at 12 and 6, parallel to the cover line. Is this the same thing? Having a tough time getting the magnet nut off

I've read to put the magnet at 12 and 6, parallel to the cover line. Is this the same thing? Having a tough time getting the magnet nut off
If you stand a small screw driver in the indent in the mag, you should be able to turn the nut without spinning the crank.

In my picture the piston is at the top.

I'm not 100% sure my fuel mixture is precise. Could that be a big enough issue to not start the engine?

I'm not 100% sure my fuel mixture is precise. Could that be a big enough issue to not start the engine?
Please explain just how you are mixing it, In the gas tank or in a seperate gas can first which is the proper proceedure and what ratio are you using,...DAMIEN

Please explain just how you are mixing it and what ratio are you using, are you still breaking it in???...DAMIEN
I mean I know what the ratio is supposed to be, just didn't precisely measure it. It could be an ounce off or something. and gas can...

It'll start on straight gas, how long it will last would be the question. 25:1 would be a good mix.

I mean I know what the ratio is supposed to be, just didn't precisely measure it. It could be an ounce of or something.
Im assuming that its not broke in yet.

Get a decent measuring cup and measure the 2 cycle oil to the gas into a one gallon gas can, never the gas tank.

Measure 4 ounces of 2 cycle oil to one gallon of gas, and be sure that you have checked your plug gap to be set at 25 thousandths...DAMIEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back