Motorized bike won't start

XGavinX

Local time
3:58 AM
This is a updated post with pictures other than my last one :

My motorized bike wont start, I suspect its the carb. I have a Mikuni VM18 and i tried adjusting the air screw many times and nothing works, My bike has been in storage for 3 months and I taken it out and it wouldnt start so I cleaned the carb and it ran once for half a hour after bump starting on a deep hill. now I got nothing. If I pedal as hard as I can down a hill I will get a couple pops then it wont do anything. Can someone please help me because im stuck at this point.

Attachments

• carb2.jpg
    carb2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 100
  • carb3.jpg
    carb3.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 80
  • carb1.jpg
    carb1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 96
how does your spark plug look? I am not familiar with that carb but... is it missing a screw that adjusts the slide?

Last edited:
Ill take a picture of my spark plug, The carb is missing the choke but it use to run perfectly fine without it.

maybe that screw hole where the screw isn't is letting more air in therefore making it run lean. motors running lean are hard to start. and that screw is the adjustment for the slide which regulates air as well. I am no mechanic but looking at the carb u mentioned yours is, I think it needs that screw. maybe someone who knows more will help determine if that's your issue.

I use to run it without the screw and it would start first try so i dunno maybe it just needs a choke.

Stick a piece of electrical tape or something over the hole to make sure. Mayby even your finger when trying to start.

Back