Motorized Biking

traffic and bikes

Some of the ladies that I have talked to about riding the moto bikes want to ride them but are afraid of traffic it is ashame. They think I am brave for riding mine but I think once they could get on one and get use to it they would love it.

Cookie

"Quemadmoeum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."
("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands.") -
Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD).

popularity of motorbikes

I was thinking about it and i think that around here anyway it could be a cash flow problem. I mean alot of people ask me about my bike and I can see they want one but I live in Martinsburg West Virginia. I don't mean to say its a (hick) town but there are alot of blue collar workers here and if you consider that 500 or 600 dollars will buy a desent car around here well there you go. Most live paycheck to paycheck in a factory setting and 600 is alot of money. I do plan on building some bikes for sale however because there is no body selling them around here and there is a market however small. Tom in W.V. P.S. The only bike shop in town closed last yearas the guy retired. Now its Wal-Mart or go out of town 35 miles .........

Building bikes in a rural setting has a big advantage, a newbie can take a test ride on vacant backroads, and a week later when they pick it up, together we can ride around and make adjustments, me carrying my handy toolbag, raising/lowering/loosening/tightening.

Don't be afraid to waltz right into any small town newspaper and announce "Ask me about my mileage!!!" This forum will make it a lot easier for reporters to get a very full picture of the breadth and scope.

$$$$$

paycheck to paycheck in a factory setting and 600

Try::: get one of the bikes up and running and running good with good breaks and a cart. then take the bike and yourself down to the factorys resorce purchasing agent and show him the bike let him ride it then tell him you can put the motors on as meny of the factory bikes they want for XYZ amount the managers can run the plant at 1/2 the cost and 1/2 the energy output + the carts can be used to transport up to 150 pounds of supplies. get the bikes in the factorys then the public will follow .

Cookie

Good old Southern California and the reasons they aren't popular.

1. It is hard to put on make-up and drive a moto bike.
2. It is hard to talk on a cell phone and drive a moto bike.
3. "Spinners" just don't have the same appeal on 26" mountain bike.
4. The magnito doesn't produce enough power to have a bumpin' sound system.
5. It's harder to cut people off because they aren't driving as fast as you.
6. You can't buy a lift kit for a moto bike.
7. It is hard to appear shallow and apathetic on something that gets +100mpg.
8. It isn't what everyone else is doing.

nobody I've noticed yet in Boston but people point and I can see them mouthing the word 'COOL' from a distance. some little kids laughed at me yesterday, but that's becuase I was pushing it instead of riding it, a side note - it decided to start working two minutes later...

bumping a really old thread but speaking of Boston....

Thats my old bike stomping grounds and I dreamt about going back and riding my motorized bike down the Charles and up to Cambridge. Boston is as pure a town as any for not driving but biking.

There was a very cool bike shop close to Harvard Square where you rent bike stands and tools by the hour, thats where I got my start bicycling.

Hope to go back some fine day for a visit.

:cool:

I kind of liken it to unicycle riders. Unicycles are cool, but not everybody understands that.
You must just have a little thicker skin (Or a few less brain cells) than the general public. I prefer to believe the former. To me it's just one of those unexplainable things. In fact-if you have to explain it to somebody, then they won't ever get it.

my remedy is call local tv news department a suggest our thing as an alternative to the standard--it will be on the market in 10yrs and expected to cost around $40,000.00. i have yet to be called back, but maybe after 10 more phone calls and e-mails they will.

People around here seem to think they're cool but I think most are too lazy to actually put any effort into making something for themselves. We have so many people who would rather shell out a couple bucks for a coffee at nasty dunkin donuts rather than make their own for ten cents so I don't expect to see many on the roads very soon. Maybe when all the snobs around here are unemployed due to the fact that their jobs have no real purpose (lots of fidelity and citi offices) then they'll have the time to build one and a reason to. Until then I can continue laughing at these people who seem to enjoy racing their massive pieces of sh t to the next red light. This place needs the coming depression, people have to be put in their places. snobs.

Back