Motorized chopper bike build

It's been a hot minute! Or like 10 or so years since I've been on this site...But I've been busy with life! I started this bike in the Fall last year and just finished the fabrication last week. I've been testing it and now it's time to disassemble and paint. The front-end suspension is a design based off an Atomic Zombie build. At first it was like trying to steer a beach ball, but after a while I got the hang of it and can do a U-turn without putting my feet down.

Attachments

• IMG_4257.JPG
    IMG_4257.JPG
    287.8 KB · Views: 1,890
  • IMG_4258.JPG
    IMG_4258.JPG
    308.5 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_4261.JPG
    IMG_4261.JPG
    331.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_4263.JPG
    IMG_4263.JPG
    296.7 KB · Views: 162
Nice! The engine just fits (tight). Classic, original banana seat (cool). The forks are rad. It's a Btch'n bike ;-)
Thanks! Yes the engine is a very tight fit! The engine mounts need to be loosened to remove the spark plug and carb but other than that it went together pretty well, I also had to extend the pedals crankshaft about 1" on the left side to clear the engine. Welds are holding, lol!

Nice build you got going there. I like it!!! How is your homemade springer front fork working out? How is the ride? & how well does it handle at speeds? Btw welcome to the forum.

Nice build you got going there. I like it!!! How is your homemade springer front fork working out? How is the ride? & how well does it handle at speeds? Btw welcome to the forum.
Thanks DieselTech! The springer front end is actually really smooth! Two springs on each side are perfect, no bottoming out and no weird wobbles or anything. It only gets up to about 18mph but handles better than if
I was just pedaling. It was a good experiment!

Attachments

• D9767D0A-8DFE-426C-8E28-F66F3FA5E5C4.JPG
    D9767D0A-8DFE-426C-8E28-F66F3FA5E5C4.JPG
    296.6 KB · Views: 114
Back