Motorized Delta Wolf Trike

hlombard

Local time
12:37 AM
Took my Delta Wolf for a spin with engine today. Still smiling.

Got a 4 stroke from Bicycle-Engines.com. Engine runs quite, gearbox screams like a pig.

Had to fit the 44 teeth sprocket from the kit on the axle, couldn't fit any larger. So very little torque.

Calculated the Grubee gearbox ratio at 3.70. Then 11 tooth drive to 44 tooth driven sprocket total reduction of 14.8.

With a 35 kg (75 lbs) bike - not enough torque! Have to pedal on takeoff.

What can I do? Have a 48 tooth #35 sprocket, but where can I get a freewheel #35 10 tooth diver sprocket?

Disc brake failed - burned through my shoes!

Attachments

• Before engine.jpg
    Before engine.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 1,924
  • Front view.jpg
    Front view.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 950
  • Front engine.jpg
    Front engine.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 1,292
  • Close back 2.jpg
    Close back 2.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 1,223
That is supafly! You may need a flag,man. It looks so comfy.
I could see about that 44 tooth. You think you can find an engine sprocket with one less tooth? That should help it some.(edit.oops. I see you're looking for one.) Happy Time drive sprockets are 10 tooth. Check out the parts at the DAX site. Maybe it may fit? I dunno.
How's the ride?(edit. oops again.)

...how fast does she go?

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't Alaskavan once mention something about "pulling up and relaxing and enjoying the view"?

Looks like you can do the same.

Nice bike!

If you need a bigger sprocket, I'd check out King's Sales & Service (One of the sponsors, link on left hand side of page). Andrew has been cool about whipping up custom sprockets for me. Another option would be to get rid of the Grubee box, and make up a jackshaft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice - why didn't I think of something so simple?

Can't fit a bigger axle sprocket - I only I knew, would have made the frame 1.5 inches longer.

Just ordered a 8, 9 and 10 tooth sprocket.

Don't know how fast I went - just installed a bike computer, but it's snowing and -11 Celsius - damm.

Will see which one works best.

Back