Motorized dk duke or star wars bike???

R

Ralord197769

Anyone know if the 66/80 motor will fit in the star wars fat tire, or the dk duke?

From what I understand, both frames are exactly the same, and both made from aluminum, now in my book an aluminum frame simply will not be my bike of choice, it bends and stress breaks from vibration too easily, that being said, do what you really want.

Now as far as actually getting it in there.... I've never seen one up close, but I have seen and thought about the fitting of an engine inside it before, I almost want to say no it won't fit. This is based off reviews and eying up the photographs, one review said that she was a 5'2" woman and still the bike was too small for her, now I'm almost half a foot taller than her, and I find my 27.5" fat tire bike just a bit too tall yet still don't have a lot of room for an engine.

I would say the best bet, if you want a sturdy bike and fat tires like the one you were looking at, then buy a mongoose dolomite, it's steel, and can fit a jackshaft with a 66cc motor, and mongoose has a pretty darn good customer satisfaction rating, I've personally dealt with them under my warranty and was always very pleased.

That dk is also a huffy owned product, which makes it a Walmart owned product, which makes it a bottom of the barrel bike I wouldn't trust even without a motor in it. At 40mph down a big ass Hill I like to not worry about my BIKE FRAME FOLDING UNDER ME AND MAKING ME FEEL REALLY REALLY BAD FOR 3 MONTHS!!

Oh yeah that reminds me, recently a friend had a beach cruiser, made by our good friends at huffy, the rear dropout has 2 metal tubes on top, and 2 on the bottom that come together at the mid point of the bike. Both, not just one, but both welds at the top along the seat tube cracked, which made a perfectly clean break on both the upper tubes, so they were free to move all around and the back wheel could tilt left and right and wiggle all around. I would have attempted to fix it for him if the steel tubes weren't as thin as a credit card.

Yeah, they make bikes that fall apart even when made from steel. He's lucky the bottom tubes held up as long as they did, I would have expected them to litteraly fold up like a book and send him into the pavement.

From what I understand, both frames are exactly the same, and both made from aluminum, now in my book an aluminum frame simply will not be my bike of choice, it bends and stress breaks from vibration too easily, that being said, do what you really want.

Now as far as actually getting it in there.... I've never seen one up close, but I have seen and thought about the fitting of an engine inside it before, I almost want to say no it won't fit. This is based off reviews and eying up the photographs, one review said that she was a 5'2" woman and still the bike was too small for her, now I'm almost half a foot taller than her, and I find my 27.5" fat tire bike just a bit too tall yet still don't have a lot of room for an engine.

I would say the best bet, if you want a sturdy bike and fat tires like the one you were looking at, then buy a mongoose dolomite, it's steel, and can fit a jackshaft with a 66cc motor, and mongoose has a pretty darn good customer satisfaction rating, I've personally dealt with them under my warranty and was always very pleased.

That dk is also a huffy owned product, which makes it a Walmart owned product, which makes it a bottom of the barrel bike I wouldn't trust even without a motor in it. At 40mph down a big ass Hill I like to not worry about my BIKE FRAME FOLDING UNDER ME AND MAKING ME FEEL REALLY REALLY BAD FOR 3 MONTHS!!

I can't seem to figure out how to add photos but this page, if you scroll down a bit, shows the geometry of the Mongoose Dolomite bike.
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=608640&p=2

I can't seem to figure out how to add photos but this page, if you scroll down a bit, shows the geometry of the Mongoose Dolomite bike.
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=608640&p=2

Nice find furry
Dolo gemoetry.jpg

I want the style of the frame, as far as the frame breaking,aluminum can be welded easy.

I don't need to hear about quality issues, obviously huffy isn't the best quality, I am quite able work on and repair any bicycle, I want the style, which means if the motor doesn't fit then I'll prolly have to make my own frame.

There are frames with the style, I know exactly the style you're talking about and I love it, plenty steel frames too, and yes, aluminum can be welded, like nearly all metals.

Question is do you care if it breaks while your cruising 30 miles an hour down the road or not..

Back