Motorized Human Transportation other than bicycling

ZnsaneRyder

Local time
5:17 PM
Since this is the General Discussion forum................

Anyone consider making your own unique ways of transportation?

I'm not sure about how the laws are around this, and I'm researching, however, some information or insight from other members here would always be good. I just hope that someone being propelled by something other than a bicycle or motorcycle would not be subject to legal scrutiny. Or you could just fly away..............

Some ideas:

Gas or Electric Powered Skates or wheels for shoes (rollerskates or blades or other)
Gas Powered Skateboards
Motorized WheelChairs either gas or electric
JetPacks
Personal Human Helicopters
Custom Vehicles made from bicycle parts including pedals (so you can call it a bicycle)
Or whatever else you may think of.

Last edited:
robotic stilts

interesting

Also, many states, a bicycle is classified as having two or more wheels.

So maybe a gas-powered unicycle?

Or wearing rollerblades and being pulled by a dog like a friend of mine does! (lol poor dog)

My personal favorite is the compression fired diesel pogo stick, fueled with propane. Get good, and you can go down the road a 40+ mph, and jump over a car to pass it.

My personal favorite is the compression fired diesel pogo stick, fueled with propane. Get good, and you can go down the road a 40+ mph, and jump over a car to pass it.

ROFL!!! I was laughing so hard when I read that!!! I'd pay to be able to jump over a car!

well ... i have a question ... whats the difference between an electric (or gas hahaha) wheel chair? and my bike (save 1 or 2 wheels?) law enforcement doesnt have a problem with that.

well ... i have a question ... whats the difference between an electric (or gas hahaha) wheel chair? and my bike (save 1 or 2 wheels?) law enforcement doesnt have a problem with that.
Ever seen a motorized wheelchair going down the road at 30 mph? I bet if you do, it has a cop car behind it with lights and siren blaring.

Ever seen a motorized wheelchair going down the road at 30 mph? I bet if you do, it has a cop car behind it with lights and siren blaring.

not at 30 but i do see them (and youre probably right- but if the ind. was truly disabled it would make for an interesting court case) ... and there have been times i wish they were going a lot faster than they were.... well what about hovercraft... i recall reading about building your own hovercraft...

Personal hovercraft I can tell you about. Great fun, insanely responsive to control inputs, wonderful on water and flat ground - won't climb a hill to save your life. I built one using lost foam/fiberglass construction, twin engine (one lift fan, one pusher fan) with multiple vaned rudder on the ducted pusher fan,

If you want to be able to climb a decent slope your fans have to be very powerful, gimbaled, and variable pitch. It gets complicated and expensive, and the range isn't much, but it is a lot of fun.

At least until you do something stupid, like put it into a flat spin across the Columbia River at 45 mph, hit a floating snag with the skirt, and tumble across the water shedding parts.

Back