Motorized kokomo

Nats nella

Local time
8:22 AM
There was a thread posted in March of 2018 it said it couldn't be done that made me want to do it but it did take a while about two weeks

Attachments

• 155886085041183687865.jpg
    155886085041183687865.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 234
In the center of the wheels there's a lip around the hub iGrill 3 holes and bolted and adapter for disc brakes then bolted the sprocket on to that

A very well done commuter. Can the rear reflectors be seen from behind, or are you panniers blocking them (it looks like they are blocked from view from behind)? You need a back light that can be seen from at least 200' behind imo, for safety reasons to keep from getting ran over. Panniers with the back ends covered in reflective tape can probably achieve the same end.
Edit: I'd rather my next search for motorized bike fatalities to only show up stuff a few years old. They happen, a lot from fender or wheel failure... keep an eye on those.
Most of the rest happens from folks turning in front of you, they just see a bike coming, so they judge your speed based off of a slow bicycle. Make sure your brakes are good to stop from 50 mph in 30 feet.

Last edited:
A very well done commuter. Can the rear reflectors be seen from behind, or are you panniers blocking them (it looks like they are blocked from view from behind)? You need a back light that can be seen from at least 200' behind imo, for safety reasons to keep from getting ran over. Panniers with the back ends covered in reflective tape can probably achieve the same end.
I keep a headlight and taillight on during the daytime and nighttime and I also have a rear view mirror mounted on it so if I see something coming my way I can get out of its way

I geared my bike to take lanes in my town. Slowest roads are 25 mph, fastest are 50 mph. Screw taking bike lanes, they are filled with screws and nails.

Edit: I'd rather my next search for motorized bike fatalities to only show up stuff a few years old. They happen, a lot from fender or wheel failure... keep an eye on those.
Most of the rest happens from folks turning in front of you, they just see a bike coming, so they judge your speed based off of a slow bicycle. Make sure your brakes are good to stop from 50 mph in 30 feet.
Thanks for the advice crazy Dan I do keep Schwinn pads on it they seem to work pretty good

Back