Motorized Trike Safety

R

rescue341

Hi all,

I am a typical broke college student looking for alt transport. I have thought about building a motorized trike for awhile now. I am a electro-mech engineering student so i would enjoy the build and the savings over a car are nice too. But just have a few questions before i go ahead with anything. With bike tires being so much thinner then car or even moped tires is there any real traction issue going around curves? Should curves only be taken below certain speeds? I live in a rural highland area so about any where I go would be pretty curvy. Those of you with motorized trikes what kind of range are you getting on a tank? What about speed under load? Anything else you guys wished you would have known before embarking on your build?

Welcome aboard. Trikes are one wheel drive, usually the right rear. They do were a little more then a regular bike, if you do some looking you can get heavier tires. The best thing you could do is read through the other builds her on the forum, see what others have done.............Curt

Back