Motorizedbikes better than motorcycles because...

400+ pounds of crash bar and ancestors, maybe LOL

My uncle's airbrushed first-year Polaris-built Chieftain.

Edit: He has a Jack Daniels also. These things make some pretty crazy low-end torque and are quite nimble.

Last edited:
Not all motorcycles are huge. I have had a couple of Goldwings, and totally agree they are not a substitute for a motorized bicycle. I rode motorized bicycles for many years, almost got killed on one (due to the cheap crappy bolt on chain tensioner getting caught in the spokes) and had one stolen. They were fun and enjoyable to ride, and tinker with. I rode one to work for almost 7 years. But having just turned 60, and being partially disabled, I gave up the gas powered ones for local transportation. I switched to a 125cc scooter, with a top speed of about 55. It can keep up with 45+ mph city traffic easily, is way more comfortable, and has a lot of room to carry stuff. As always, I still want an electric bike with a 30 mile range to ride along the local canal bank bike path. Long ago I used to ride a pedal bike along that path in the evenings, and it was very fun and relaxing. But I can no longer pedal long enough to actually get anywhere. I only want to go 5-7 mph. This is not just a bike path. There are people walking, walking dogs, jogging, pushing baby strollers, and riding bikes. Nobody goes fast. Gas bikes are not allowed.

on one of my trips, I took the Erie canal path, it was beautiful and glad I could shut down the motor and pedal when there were people. return trip tho, I went thru at 4am and gassed it all the way lol. I think it was 14 miles
mb's have advantages!

I put my motorbike on LinkedIn. Post got a lot of hits. The most intriguing hits? Two guys (engineers) from Harley-Davidson. One of them even liked it!

Gonna message them with a suggestion...a 48cc 4-stroke V-Twin with that classic Harley camshaft timing.

That would be a hoot. They already expanded into electric bikes. Why not a motorized bike street-legal Harley?

Last edited:
My motorized bike is better than a motorcycle as the only time I laid her down (at 10 mph or so), all I got was road rash and a busted air horn:). Don't miss the Honda 750ACE nor the 1974 Chang Jiang CJ 750 M1M-Gearhead222
Yeah, accidents are a lot more forgiving. I carry band-aids to treat the worst ones.

I ran off the path once, texting my wife a pic from the handlebar smartphone mount. Scraped my knee. I was SO proud, felt like one of those millennials 😆

Just stop they ARE NOT BETTER never have never will be.if you think so you don't own one or are to afraid to ride one or mommy and daddy won't buy you one cus you'll get hurt son. STOP,motorcycles on and off road are real freedom these at there best are toys don't get the game twisted, fun yes better no. But hey fake it till ya make it lol brapppp

I put my motorbike on LinkedIn. Post got a lot of hits. The most intriguing hits? Two guys (engineers) from Harley-Davidson. One of them even liked it!

Gonna message them with a suggestion...a 48cc 4-stroke V-Twin with that classic Harley camshaft timing.

That would be a hoot. They already expanded into electric bikes. Why not a motorized bike street-legal Harley?
Ben done long time ago

Not better - not worse - just not the same.
I'll let that go. But just know these are toys and getting buy the man isn't gana last sooner or later they will put the hammer down. ever own a scooter.lol it's coming I don't want it but I'm ready don't live in a bubble like my old parents lol plus to many tweakers own them

Apples and oranges. Mab's weigh what 45lbs and go 30mph. M/C's weigh #300 and go 100mph...……………………………….

Back