Motorizedbikes better than motorcycles because...

I agree.

It's something that can't be appreciated until you build one and ride it, then make the necessary reliability improvements and functionality improvements, through your own ingenuity and handy work; giving great satisfaction when it all works to perfection.

Thanking you again this morning. Truer words have never been said today.

Had a little inspiration for a tongue-in-cheek list why I prefer MAB's to motorcycles/scooters.Add yours.

1) I can pick it up with one hand
2) I store it in the house (enclosed porch)
3) It costs next to nothing if I don't ride it (no insurance/reg)
4) Like a bird, it has two forms of locomotion
5) Once built, costs little to maintain all of which I can do
6) Quite whimsical
7) Quite utilitarian
8) I get into what I call "VW mode" riding, you can't go fast, so relaxxxx
9) The little kids gawking
10) Gets me biking 10 times more than usual
11) Grocery runs are fun, instead of a chore
12) I've driven minibikes to tractor-trailers, I feel more in tune with the MB
13) They are still obscure, not a corrupted product, more personality
14) Low footprint, high savings
15) Shortcuts shortcuts shortcuts
16) GETTING OVER ON THE MAN

Thanks for an interesting thread! Here's my "likes".
1-2-3-4-5-7-13-14.
The men and kids are gawking/smiling/pointing, especially the "car guys".
I pass slowly on the grass, behind the patrons at one particular bus stop. EVERYONE stares. They waiting, I'm on my own schedule.
When traffic is gridlocked, I either jump into the bike lane or ride slowly on the empty sidewalk. Motorcycles can't do that.

There is no question that owning and riding a fine motorcycle is great fun. There is no substitute for taking the Harley for a 3 or 4 day cruise. However, there is something special about taking a bicycle, throwing a little engine on it, adding your own custom touches, and riding for next to free. I have been riding the same MB for 5 years now and every time I modify it or upgrade something my satisfaction meter jumps a level. I often go to a little cafe in town for lunch, sometimes I ride my MC, sometimes my MB. Often people check out the MC as they walk by but they never stop, smile, and chuckle to each other like they do when they check out the MB. It's the same for men, women, children, cops, suites, firemen, and construction workers. Everybody appreciates something that's unique, and there is a little kid in all of us struggling to get free. MBs set us free.

MB's make my day.

After so many miles I don't ever post my Cruisers miles, no one believes
me. But She died on the way home today. A sad ten minutes in my life.
Had to peddle home. Motor lasted 4 -5 years. Road rode it almost every day. So I remove this 66cc 2 stroke, and put a new one in the frame.
I have 4 on my shelf, here at my shop. It will be a parts motor.
2 strokes are just too much fun to give up. 4 strokes to Me are like, I'm going somewhere, and need to get there. I have many of both.

There is no question that owning and riding a fine motorcycle is great fun. There is no substitute for taking the Harley for a 3 or 4 day cruise. However, there is something special about taking a bicycle, throwing a little engine on it, adding your own custom touches, and riding for next to free. I have been riding the same MB for 5 years now and every time I modify it or upgrade something my satisfaction meter jumps a level. I often go to a little cafe in town for lunch, sometimes I ride my MC, sometimes my MB. Often people check out the MC as they walk by but they never stop, smile, and chuckle to each other like they do when they check out the MB. It's the same for men, women, children, cops, suites, firemen, and construction workers. Everybody appreciates something that's unique, and there is a little kid in all of us struggling to get free. MBs set us free.

Agree to all the advantages of a motorized bike over a motorcycle but owning a motorcycle is a must for this cat as well.My latest will have near 800hp once the engine swap happens hopefully sometime this summer.Funny how I have always wanted to own both machines my little one lunger will pound out 2 1/2 hp.

17) Most of the upgrades are of my own design and execution.
18) Fill the tank once a week with pocket change whether it needs it or not.
19) I have three different colors of bike with matching Hawaian shirts.
20) Women of all ages flirt with me- and I am 59
21) Pulling up to a Harley rider and asking if he wants to race is always funny.
22) If I can ford a river/creek on foot, I can do it with my bike.
23) Most parts come from Wallyworld, Ace Hardware or a local bike shop.
24) 30mph isn't NEAR as exciting on a motorcycle.
25) There are standard jokes that always go over well- "If I water it every day, it will turn into a HARLEY!", "THIS is your weed whacker on steroids- any questions?", "I AM acting my age!", "Want to see me do a burnout? So do I..."
... and I am sure there's more. Seriously, the ladies swivel their heads far more than the men do- but Miss Annie is not the least concerned. I am quite happily devoted... but it still does the ego good to be appreciated...

Bumping an old thread.
I frequently get asked how much my motor bike costed but the last time I told these guys I was told I could have bought a good running motorcycle for what I have into my motor bike.
I have $700 into it, BUT that includes the 1st motor kit that decided to break its crank after 100 miles so I have a lot of spare parts and I have a sbp shift kit and I also attached it all to a Marin bike that was originally a $500 bike by itself.
I'm looking on craigslist and I am trying to figure out where these guys come up with a registered and running motorcycle for $700????
I explained I can shut the motor down and pedal and my requirement of a drivers license just went to none and I also get into parks for free as long as I kill the motor before i get to the entrance.
I'm going to quit telling people what I have into this thing as they just seem to try to make me a fool, Ill just tell them I found it in the free section of craigslist when I get asked what I have into it!
I don't seem to get why people ask that anyway, its not really any of there business, I don't ask the hipsters how much there fart can mufflers cost on there honda civics LOL..........
LOL I'm not going to pay them any attention, wait till they get there first $700 motorcycle and figure out they need to buy a new generator at $500 because it wont charge the battery, been there done that in the early 90s with a $200 motorcycle! Thats why I like my motorbike! Cheap to repair!

Last edited:
Back