Motorizedbikes better than motorcycles because...

Funny my sister in law ask my why I would build such a thing.I,m retired now.So I said to her.When I was
a young boy I was like every kid & dreamed of putting a motor on a bike.Then I said, it just took some time to
get around to do it,(SMILE).
Fly

Considering the cost, even a cheap motorcycle costs way more than a small fleet of M A B s, not to mention low repair costs, compared to part burning motorcycles. If a lady friend wants to ride along, build her a bike, can anyone say that about motorcycles ?

As with all things in life we all have different needs. I will always love my Whizzer's, have since the first one I ever owned back in the 60's. But I have always loved my Harley Davidson's also bought my first one 1962 the latest 06 was custom built over one of our winters. It is powered by near 180 hp. Twincam. These two bikes parked together sure draws a lot of good conversation.

I have to say I agree with the OP. Great points!
Granted, e-bike batteries don't last long enough to replace a motorcycle on long trips (and the fact that you can't ride on the highway)... but for everything else, motorized bicycles are superior (IMO).
Two more points:
  1. You get a lot more exercise!
  2. You help the environment more!

I started driving around on a motorized bike again after like 4 years since I sold my old 2 stroke. Now I have a recently put together 4 stroke. There's allot more pros than cons about motorized bikes vs. driving a motorcycle or a car for that matter.

I've even thought about making building 4 stroke motorized bikes into a small business after I get more experience building them. I'm actually planning another 4 stroke build using a Felt Bixby for the bike & another Grubee 4G kit.

theres a lot of motorcycle owners/riders around where i live and when they hear and see me rideing around, they alwayse stop, smile, and watch me as i go by. its great!!

There are no expectations of you if you are on a MB. You are just some guy on a weird moped thingy.
I like the small footprint and how every bike is a little different

in all honesty, as a female, I think motorcycles are just for show, big egos, and people who don't know that you can now get a motorized bicycle to go 60mph. The benefits of a motorized bicycle are too great to ignore. they really are the ride of the the future. I can imagine lots of people getting them. Though to be honest, I didn't even know about until I started researching mopeds and read that the meaning of moped is really a lightweight motorized bicycle that can be pedaled as well as driven by a low- powered gasoline engine. When I looked up a moped online, I found the motorized bicycle and had a dream about me riding one that night. I am currently researching the best motors, parts and frame for the bike and looking for someone to build me one or I will build one myself. I still think we can go further in technology though, right now we are still fueling up on gas, or getting a charge, but I know there is a free resource that should be available soon for all of us to use.

in all honesty, as a female, I think motorcycles are just for show, big egos, and people who don't know that you can now get a motorized bicycle to go 60mph. The benefits of a motorized bicycle are too great to ignore. they really are the ride of the the future. I can imagine lots of people getting them. Though to be honest, I didn't even know about until I started researching mopeds and read that the meaning of moped is really a lightweight motorized bicycle that can be pedaled as well as driven by a low- powered gasoline engine. When I looked up a moped online, I found the motorized bicycle and had a dream about me riding one that night. I am currently researching the best motors, parts and frame for the bike and looking for someone to build me one or I will build one myself. I still think we can go further in technology though, right now we are still fueling up on gas, or getting a charge, but I know there is a free resource that should be available soon for all of us to use.

60 mph isn't so easily attained on a motorized bicycle. It takes very good strong components and fabrication skills. Nor is it wise to attempt for someone who doesn't have superior fabrication skills and riding experience. If you think that you're going to build your very first bike, make it capable of 60 mph, hop on with no prior riding experience and ride off into the sunset, you're either going to end up very disappointed or dead. Perhaps both. I'm not trying to sound like an ass, but just because you saw a video where people claimed to be doing 60 and probably were not, does not mean that you should have the same expectations. You need to be more realistic. And mb's are not the transportation that will replace cars in the future. It's the other way around. Motorized bicycles have been around since before cars or modern motorcycles, the first motorcycles had pedals. The car and modern motorcycle largely replaced the motorized bicycle. Some people like myself favor motorized bicycles over cars or modern motorcycles. But a motorized bicycle really is in essence a motorcycle, compared to what the first motorcycles actually were.

60 mph isn't so easily attained on a motorized bicycle. It takes very good strong components and fabrication skills. Nor is it wise to attempt for someone who doesn't have superior fabrication skills and riding experience. If you think that you're going to build your very first bike, make it capable of 60 mph, hop on with no prior riding experience and ride off into the sunset, you're either going to end up very disappointed or dead. Perhaps both. I'm not trying to sound like an ass, but just because you saw a video where people claimed to be doing 60 and probably were not, does not mean that you should have the same expectations. You need to be more realistic. And mb's are not the transportation that will replace cars in the future. It's the other way around. Motorized bicycles have been around since before cars or modern motorcycles, the first motorcycles had pedals. The car and modern motorcycle largely replaced the motorized bicycle. Some people like myself favor motorized bicycles over cars or modern motorcycles. But a motorized bicycle really is in essence a motorcycle, compared to what the first motorcycles actually were.
The bicycle came before the motorcycle, so MAB came first, then the motorcycle.MAB's are better than motorcycles, hands down, but most people, being in such a hurry, can't see it.Societal blinders/filters.

Back