Motorizedbikes better than motorcycles because...

The bicycle came before the motorcycle, so MAB came first, then the motorcycle.MAB's are better than motorcycles, hands down, but most people, being in such a hurry, can't see it.Societal blinders/filters.

Semantics.

What I mean by my above post is this. True, there were earlier versions of mab's before actual motorcycles. But the first motorcycles were basically bicycles with in-frame motors. They had pedals, and were capable of being propelled by human power alone. If you are comparing mab's to factory built motorcycles, I think there are good things and bad things about both. Mab's are more customizable, and generally get better gas mileage. But they can't be taken on the highway and usually cannot carry more than one passenger, and it takes a lot of work to make them stable and powerful enough to handle carrying a lot of gear. But because the first motorcycles were low powered and had pedals, I classify most gas assisted bicycles as motorcycles, with the exception of non in-frame mounted engines because even the first motorcycles had them in-frame. I do not compare mab's to mopeds, because mopeds to me are a b a s t a r d ization of early and modern motorcycles, and not really one or the other. Anyway, my original point was that mab's are great transportation, but anyone who thinks they are the universal transportation of the future first of all needs a history lesson, then needs to realize that cars and factory built motorcycles have replaced mab's as the preferred mode of transportation for the majority of people in America. It's not saying that mab's are not better. I think they are. It's just saying that most people don't agree, and that's evidenced by how most people get around. And it's not just societal blinders or whatever. Some people need cars because one way or another they depend on having a car, whether it's because they have a large family or because their job requires it, or a whole list of other reasons. Are there people who have cars that don't really need them, sure. But the reason why most people own cars or factory built motorcycles is because the state can't tax mab's the way they tax every other form of transportation, and if they tried to most people who currently use mab's would give them up and the state knows that. What most people don't realize is that the state, big auto and big oil are all in bed together. That's why we don't have cars that get 100+ mpg. The technology exists to make it happen, but the oil companies don't want it to because they'd lose too much money. And the states investment in having people own factory built machines is the ability to tax the **** out of them for it. This is why I will never get my license or own a car. **** the state and their taxes, and **** the auto industry and their low mileage pieces of ****.

there is a car made by bmw that gets more than 80mpg but it is illegal to own in america

There are also Volkswagen's and Volvo's that get about the same, also not legal to own in America. Can't even import them through private companies.

Man, I miss those girls who would sit on the rack of your bicycle and actually enjoy it!
They don't seem to exist in North America, at least not past the age of 16.
Sigh.
During my motorcycle lessons, they had me ride several different machines, the 'chopper' type (Yamaha-something) was way too heavy and clumsy, and the position you're in while riding may look cool and comfortable, but it's not. No wonder all the Harley guys have to stop every 20 miles or so to smoke another joint - they're in pain!
The street bike (Suzuki 1000) was ok and would probably be good for longer distances/commuting, because you're pretty much lying down on it, and it's FAST.
By far the most fun was the dirt bike (Yamaha 250), and that one was also light enough that I would actually able to manhandle it by myself should it fall over.
This area has more than its' fair share of motorcycles thanks to the weather, and most of the riders seem to be either middle age or beyond (they can afford a Harley now.....) or guys in their 20's with a major chip on their shoulder and/or a death wish, sometimes granted by their crotch rocket.
The women I have seen on the back of these motorbikes have not inspired any envy, but sometimes the college girls hoot and holler when I'm out shirtless on my skateboard.

As someone else said, they are 2 different things. I have a 200cc dual sport motorcycle that costs next to nothing to register and insure, keeps up with traffic easily in town, and will cruise at 65 mph on the highway.

I ride a motorized bicycle because I have always liked riding bicycles, but can no longer pedal any distance due to a disability. Motorized bicycles can legally be ridden in the bike lanes (though the spandex crowd doesn't like it) as long as the engine is no more than 48cc, and top speed is limited to 20 mph (I usually ride closer to 10 mph) I can easily ride my motorized bike 100 miles or more. I am seriously considering investing in building a shifter bike, so I can ride up in the mountains.

But neither a small dual sport, nor a motorized bicycle is going to replace my Harley-Davidson Road King. They all have their place.

As someone else said, they are 2 different things. I have a 200cc dual sport motorcycle that costs next to nothing to register and insure, keeps up with traffic easily in town, and will cruise at 65 mph on the highway.

I ride a motorized bicycle because I have always liked riding bicycles, but can no longer pedal any distance due to a disability. Motorized bicycles can legally be ridden in the bike lanes (though the spandex crowd doesn't like it) as long as the engine is no more than 48cc, and top speed is limited to 20 mph (I usually ride closer to 10 mph) I can easily ride my motorized bike 100 miles or more. I am seriously considering investing in building a shifter bike, so I can ride up in the mountains.

But neither a small dual sport, nor a motorized bicycle is going to replace my Harley-Davidson Road King. They all have their place.
A harley/rice-rocket, any other moto will always, ONLY, be a motorcycle, an MAB can be a bicycle or motorcycle.

Man, I miss those girls who would sit on the rack of your bicycle and actually enjoy it!
They don't seem to exist in North America, at least not past the age of 16.
Sigh.
During my motorcycle lessons, they had me ride several different machines, the 'chopper' type (Yamaha-something) was way too heavy and clumsy, and the position you're in while riding may look cool and comfortable, but it's not. No wonder all the Harley guys have to stop every 20 miles or so to smoke another joint - they're in pain!
mmmm, girls on racks... or with em ;)

the harley...reminds me of a friend, his had these stupid flat bars...you were basically folded up in half...feet too far forward, and hands stretched right out in front as well. cant say it even looked cool. and then when he decided it needed new exhaust pipes and you couldnt get your foot on the brake pedal without getting burnt and engaging in 2 weeks of yoga classes... he finally woke up and sold it.

my best experience the other day was being overtaken by a bikie, with his blat blat bike... i overtook HIM after he couldnt get through the next windy section...so he starts chasing me, waving arms around, trying to overtake me again, giving me the finger... looked really angry, as anyone badged up does when overtaken on their tough fat harley by a lil 150... strange, when i zipped off down a nice dirt road (on a road bike, mind you...) he slammed his brakes on and turned around.

Back