Mount Huasheng 142f sideways?

Mudflap

Local time
11:31 AM
Since the Huasheng 142f is a clone of the Honda GX35, and the Honda literature says it can run in any position, can the Huasheng be mounted sideways? Anyone running one sideways?

Last edited:
I saw one of Oliver Motorized's videos on Youtube.

He mounted a 212cc engine sideways on his bicycle.

For transmission, I believe he used a 5-speed lawn mower transmission.

WOWA! GX35 can be operated in any position cause it's designed for a weed whacker application along w/other apps. The HS 142f/144f is a clone of the GXH50cc and is designed for only vertical use. There might be a horizontal model but the case and oil slinger has to be designed differently.

Any engine can be mounted SIDEWAYS.

That means the clutch faces forward or backwards.

Not every 4-stroke engine can be mounted ON ITS SIDE.

That means the clutch faces skyward or downward.

I'm presuming you mean sideways.

Who said 142F was a gx35? 2 different animals. I have a 142F it has a dipper and oil bath. The gx35 has a 360 degree oil slinger. If you want something on it's side use a gx50 its the new big brother of the gx35 and it has the slinger. Not only would it need a 360 deg. slinger it would need a pumper carb or a custom intake to make the carb level,

Sideways? OR The commenters' example?

huasheng2.jpg

Last edited:
Who said 142F was a gx35? 2 different animals. I have a 142F it has a dipper and oil bath. The gx35 has a 360 degree oil slinger. If you want something on it's side use a gx50 its the new big brother of the gx35 and it has the slinger. Not only would it need a 360 deg. slinger it would need a pumper carb or a custom intake to make the carb level,

Sideways? OR The commenters' example?

View attachment 100643 View attachment 100644
"Since the Huasheng 142f is a clone of the Honda GX35, and the Honda literature says it can run in any position, can the Huasheng be mounted sideways? Anyone running one sideways?"

From the original post Will.

Just because the OP posted it, doesn’t make it true.

The Huasheng 142F is a clone of the Honda GXH50, not the GX35.

Last edited:
The OP is asking, not stating a fact. I'm not sure why anyone would want to mount it that way.

Back