Mounting a Motorcycle Headlight

This is if I mounted the light a little higher: image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 290
Mounted higher in the middle of the frame neck looks good.
M/C headlights are usually pretty powerful with 55w low beam and a 65w high beam which will run down your battery too fast.
What type and watt bulbs are ya gonna use?
BTW do you realize ya made 5 Threads about this?

Oops. Trying to delete.

I haven't checked the bulbs' wattage yet.

My 212cc engine has a charging coil.

Hopefully, that'll help.

If not, I guess lower-watt bulbs would work.

I'll be riding my bike to/from work soon
from Kalihi to my home near Radford High School,
almost 6 miles.

I pau work at 6pm,
so I might be riding in the dark.

Maybe a 20-minute ride.

Not every day.

Last edited:
Foster village and Aliamanu. I Grad Radford HS.

The Predator 212 coil says it can make 12v @ 35w. Not sure about amps. No voltage reg needed. You should be good with the correct wattage bulbs. LEDs might be a good Idea. Are ya gonna hook up a working tail stop light?

What's up, are ya gonna charge a battery? Or ya just gonna run the lights off the 12v 35w coil?
If ya just run the lights off the coil at a stop your lights will be very dim. With speed they'll get brighter

I don't use LEDs
My Whizzer has a 12v 1.5ah battery charged by a 8 pole 85w stator and I run a 4" Headlight 25w high beam / 18w low beam and 20w passing lamps also 8.6/27w tail stop light, 8.6w blinkers and a 1.5a horn. My 85w stator is just big enough to handle all that.
Only 2 coils on my stator charge the battery all 6 other coils are for the accessories. The Battery beeps the horn and keeps the lights bright and the blinkers working at a stop.
Whizzer came with the lights and wiring harness to hook all that stuff up I just added the passing lamps and wired em into the headlight

I put rainbow lights on my wheels they change 6 different colors. The more lights the better. Helps keep me from getting run over.
But now cars will pace me just to watch my lights change color. :LOL:

All this talk of lights now gives me a chance to show pics of my Whizzer's lights :LOL:

Attachments

• DSCF9826.JPG
    DSCF9826.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCF7047.JPG
    DSCF7047.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCF7049.JPG
    DSCF7049.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 247
  • DSCF6279.JPG
    DSCF6279.JPG
    255.8 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
Nice lights, Dan!

At 35w, your headlight is pulling 2.92 amps.

Watts/12v = Amps.

I'm hoping my coil fully charges
the bike's18v cordless battery.

If not, the battery can be charged at home.

Yes, I'll run tail/stop/turn signals.

I like your wheel lights.:)

Yes, I remember you saying your alma mater was Radford.

There are 4 headlamp wires:

Black, white and green on the plug, and the brown wire stands alone.

I think black is ground, white is high , green is low, and brown is passing.

It's easy enough to check, running directly to a temporary battery source.

Last edited:
I've just received this in past month - has a relatively flat back on it to pull it close to steering tube, vintage appearance, pulled off of Amazon or ebay. 5" round. It's all about Proportions, scale to me with this project..

I haven't opened it up inside yet - i might gut, and set up for LED .. my intended power source is a concealed Battery Pack elsewhere.

20201004_155553[1].jpg

My plan, is to go Full Monty in my Aluminium fabrication skills, and build a clamping bracket that tightly wraps around my Richie rectangular profile, adjustable Riser Stem. It'll drop down below, just enough to hook up with stock headlight bracketry... it's looking pretty good in my mind's eye anyway..

20201006_182748[1].jpg

Back