Mounting and operation question

Dn0rk

Local time
4:42 PM
So I bought one of the 68cc kits, not in any hurry and i have done everything right to my kit as far as preventive maintenance goes, so i wouldn't wanna end the project by using the wrong frame. The frame i have in mind is my UNIVEGA GRAN SPRINT. Ive looked at alot of pictures on the forums, and haven't seen anybody use a race bike, so is there any reason why I should have a problem mounting? And i personally like the skinny tires because I'm only using it on the road. I would like to hear from someone who has done a similar build, thanks.

i have seen a guy in my area (still trying to chase him down) with a 80cc on a race bike. by what ive seen and read, just dont use aluminum frames. use a strong sturdy frame. hope this helps

the old racers are good if you can get a steel frame one. alu will bend under stress and do more harm than good. if you are good enough you could make a frame by copying an alu one for blueprint.

the is no reason as to why not as frames are the same diameter set for the engine mounts.

Thanks for the reply , and my frame is made of chromoly, pretty sure thats what they use on the redlines that catch air at bmx tracks

Back