mounting motor to frame?

It's earlier here - 2.30am. I must stop doing this to myself.

I meant to add, after the pic is on your computer, do what Jim, (CaptJ), said to attach the pic to your post, then what I mentioned in Post#25 if you want it to appear in the text of the message. That way, you don't need to use photobucket or similar, many of which are rife with popup ads, to host your pic.

... Steve

It's earlier here - 2.30am. I must stop doing this to myself.

I meant to add, after the pic is on your computer, do what Jim, (CaptJ), said to attach the pic to your post, then what I mentioned in Post#25 if you want it to appear in the text of the message. That way, you don't need to use photobucket or similar, many of which are rife with popup ads, to host your pic.

... Steve

I understand the Post#25 (cool)
Plus photobucket takes so l..o..n..g to use.
Steve go sleep you need rest! By the way I'm not a Newbe any more,:sick:

I'm a Member. :cool:

... Jim

Jim, I think it clocks over at 30 posts.
Can't sleep some nights. I usually get by on a couple of 3-hour sleeps a day.
Not sure if my method of posting pics is really politically correct.
Hopefully Tom or fastboy9 will let me know if it's wrong.

... Steve

GetAttachment.jpgI'll try this. If some thing goes bad please delete!!!!!

attachment.php

Piece of cake. (I just wrapped the link to the attachment in img tags as mentioned earlier. ie. Right-click on the thumbnail or attachment link, then select 'Copy Shortcut', then paste it between {img}{/img} tags like so:-
{img}http://www.motoredbikes.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23882&d=1263559288{/img}
(Replace the curly brackets with square ones)

I like that type of mount, that's what I'll do next time.
Nice frame, too.

Also, you've got your slant head mounted the proper way, or at least, the way all the ones I've seen in the past are mounted on real bikes, not with the plug towards the rear, as many on HTs are fitted.
Not sure what difference it makes, except that the high-tension lead to the CDI is easier to fit with the plug pointing forwards.

... Steve

Last edited:
Mods

2nd try. Having cables run under the tank, the tank had to be spaced up. (barrel nuts).

Attachments

• GetAttachment 2.jpg
    GetAttachment 2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 265
danlandberg said:

I was a bit luckier there, my cables run along the underside of the top tube and downtube - they just cleared everything. The centre-stand went close to the rear derailleur cable, but just made it, when I fitted it today.
(Looks like you've got the hang of attachments.)

... Steve

That is the way the head should be. I'm still having trouble with this VISTA (junk) At least I got to post something.

That is the way the head should be. I'm still having trouble with this VISTA (junk) At least I got to post something.

Don't laugh too much, but I'm still running Win98 OEM and Internet Explorer 6.0 on a 12 year old 300MHz machine here and more than happy with it.
(My other machine is running XP, but I like W98)

... Steve

I also did a mod on center stand so it would go up higher. I do a lot of off road stuff. Grind a little off where the stop hits. (just a little at a time)

Back