Mounting motor to older Schwinn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty1

Local time
9:30 PM
I purchased a stinger 66cc motor Ive tryed without success trying to mount it to this schwinn frame, is it even possible? Thanks for any info. Ron IMG_20131002_134401.jpg

Yes, but you’ll have to make or buy a extended engine mount.

Here’s a pic of a simple bolt on one I made for a 1955 Spitfire, it’s just made from a old stem, a little pipe, and the u-bolt plate from the engine kit.

If you want to buy one I’m sure others on the forum could give you better advice about where or what, check the 2 stork section.

Good luck!

-Kirk

Attachments

• 250 .jpg
    250 .jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,372
  • 258 .jpg
    258 .jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 1,686
Last edited:
Thanks, the problem is if I mount to seat tube the motor has to be set so high to clear the crank and the spark plug goes in between the two cross bars then the spark plug cap will not go on and theres a 5 inch gap to the front motor mount to the frame, thanks for the pic of the motor mount you fabricated that appears the route ill have to take, I notice your spark plug fits in an angle hopefully that wont be a problem with mine as the plug is vertical , thanks for all the info, Ron

That was my first and only 2s build, done for a quick turnover. So I honestly don't have much experience with these kits-

But there is a ton of good info here from those who do!

I'm sure someone here will be able to really help you with specific issues.

Just keep asking!

-Kirk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Kirk, Well I moved the bike to my fathers machine shop with his help we made a new rear motor mount out of aluminum for it, then I went to put muffler on. That didnt go well I'll need to cut muffler add about 3" sleeve to it as pedal crank was hitting it,first we'll make a mount for the front. Does the motor look ok in the frame where it sets now? I'm thinking it might be to high? Thanks again RonIMG_20131003_124446.jpgIMG_20131003_124438.jpg

Last edited:
Thought I would put a update on project, I got the front motor mount done except for its blocky ill fix that sat. got the muffler in correct space i hope? If anyone can add any info please do, Thanks Ron
IMG_20131004_102258.jpgIMG_20131004_131008.jpg

Thought I would update the build,sorry if I put it in wrong subforum,anyways bike is pretty much done except i'll tweak some things over time like new wheels,throttle etc.Couple problems with the motor the clutch was stuck prolly from setting for awhile and the c clip was missing on carb had to make one of those and the carb would not seat all the way onto intake causing air leaks due to burrs.So far the motor runs fine.I did put a NGK plug and new plug cap and wire on. Anyways thanks for the help.Ron
IMG_20131014_142751.jpgIMG_20131014_142842.jpgIMG_20131014_142731.jpgIMG_20131014_142801.jpg

Good job with a difficult problem. I had the same problem with my frame. The same frame only a 24" S-10. When I finally found away to mount it, the muffler was almost touching the ground. I sent it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back