mounting rear motor bracket to a 35mm frame tube

Stoneman

Local time
1:59 PM
how have people managed to mount there motors to a 35mm frame with the rear motor bracket

any ideas?

I didn't have to do this myself as I used a 32mm frame for my first build; but I know that it has been done. It is very much like how the front mount is done.
You need a steel plate (maybe 4mm thick) and one or preferably two 35mm U clamps, plus a couple of bolts or you can use the stock studs if you shorten them.
Drill holes in the plate for the engine bolts and u clamp bolts. Cut out a notch to allow the chain to pass. Bolt it all together.

I like to fill the u clamp bracket (when I use them on the other mounts) with epoxy to make a better "saddle" to put less point pressure on the frame.

This was my final result

Took me long enough!

Attachments

• 6F9D3B99-29A9-48B5-86CE-F5A47A2B395E.jpeg
    6F9D3B99-29A9-48B5-86CE-F5A47A2B395E.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 121
image.jpg
Second try :mad:

Still can get the motor low enough for the chain to clear the frame :(

Going to try milling so the current mount sits 10mm closer to get the motor lower in the frame

Running out of options...

Maybe a jack shaft can fix it but this motor isn’t really ported for gears :confused:

Well after a lot of head scratching I’ve got the motor mounted great

Now just the carbs and exhaust

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 127
Well after a lot of head scratching I’ve got the motor mounted great

Now just the carbs and exhaust
That looks sweet!The only thing is that angle is going to get the top of the output gear cover chewed up,and most likely make it that you'll have to custom fit any exhaust for it.I'm sure it's very solid looks great.

That looks sweet!The only thing is that angle is going to get the top of the output gear cover chewed up,and most likely make it that you'll have to custom fit any exhaust for it.I'm sure it's very solid looks great.

Yeah KX65 pipe is on its way and will be modded to fit

Cheers for that I’ll suss out the chain but it did look ok, fingers crossed

Back