Moving my BBS02 to fatbike

Urban Fatbiker

Local time
1:10 AM
Decision time. All my riding last two weeks has been utility, post office and parking lot runs. I've done parking lots and campus on fatbike.

It needs power. I won't be packing a trike around. So I ordered a conversion, moving my 750W to fatbike. Got a HD torque arm to go with it.

As I look at setup on trike, and derailler mount on fatbike, sure appears I could clear housing of bafang, and get two front gears.

Motorbike might not be friendly in dungeon parking lots, crowded medical center access, university rides killing time. And unlike out here, where anything going under 30 w/ pedals is a bicycle, there? Fancy mall cops with elevated status who enforce 20mph, exhaust, noise, nuisance, and probably know a shift kit here makes it well...cause they see more than their share of bikes unpowered, powered, scooted, or hemied.

Least I'll be free to go into the parks where scooters and m/b not allowed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220505-143035_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220505-143035_Chrome.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 20220503_105736.jpg
    20220503_105736.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 128
Rolling resistance is what comes to mind when i hear fat bike. Do you already have the 750w bbshd then?
Get a big battery. at least 52v 30ah, then you might want to up the ah later down the road.

What year is the bbshd motor, can you amend the settings in the controller to suit yur needs?
I mean i have the eggrider so i can adjust stuff on my bbshd. It helps ;)

Sounds like you gots a plan stan :cool:

You wont need that 100mm mod kit if you get a Fat Bike ready BBSHD like from lunacycle. What are those tires ya have on there now 2.8 or 3"

I have 2.3 front and 2.0 rear street tires. Schwalbe Big Apple fron and Sherfas drifter rear. They handle great on the streets.

Ride Safe!! :cool:

HP

That bike in my pic I dont ride much anymore, No pedlin there ;)

Dude do you have YT channel?

I already have a BBS02 750W, a tight budget...and a sudden need for easy transport to multiple medical bldgs. Won't be riding trikes with wife for a while.
😔

Rolling resistance for fat street tires is surprisingly low, checked out myself years ago. I got a few hundred miles on it b4 I couldn't ride upright for long, for a couple years.

I got the programmer cable, and I'll have to change it a bit for sure.

Other changes, getting spacers and 6-speed shifter to optimize chainline, it has 8-speed cassette now.

I have the FatBike BBSHD offroad from lunacycle on this https://motoredbikes.com/media/164866592136344006-copy-jpg.118076/

It is a mountain Goat. I cruise around at 9mph - 17mph on the Road settings.
On the OffRoad settings i have gone up to 25mph. I've no need 4 speed anymore ;)

That looks like it would be a comfortable bike. No suspension here, ridin on Surley Krampus fron 29'r forks with the schwalbe tire in front it rides like a caddy ;)

When ya get Happy there will ALWAYS be something else to add LOL

Ride Safe!! :cool:

HP

keep that 8spd csste....get a chain guide.... I run 9 spd csste and only really ever go from 2'nd to 5'th

I been pedalin alot more now that i went Electric LOL

There are different variations of the program as far as what settings/amendments are out there... if ya get stuck and need any links
let me know here and i'll try to help or at least link you to the ones i have used.

Back