MS361?

Don't take what he says to heart, he has a hardon for china girl purity for some reason. Saw cylinders properly tuned and a real pipe will make 5hp @ 3000rpm and it's just up from there.

Some peoples theory's are seriously flawed!Hp is based on torque and where that torque is made and falls off is the biggest factor of how much hp is made!I have engines that make 8hp and spin 14k does this mean that it's suitable for single speed engine in our bikes? And since it's higher hp and higher rpm it should be faster too right? Not, that's not how this works the engine I refereed to is a 49cc pocket bike engine and just like the saw jugs doesn't make it's power until around 8k,this means you can't gear it to get a better top end because it will never get there, it has to be geared accordingly and even then it's not that impressive!Believe it or not a stock china girl with 2-3hp @6-7k will propel you on a bike faster than the 8hp 14k pocket bike engine and that's because of the torque and where it's made being suited to it's use,all engines are designed for their intended use,I've rebuilt alot of saws both chain and qwick cut's(concrete saw) not one of them can rip it's self from my hands or pull me off my feet yet a china girl can!

I can say from experience that this is true, I had a stock engine which would power its way up our driveway just fine (its pretty steep).

Later I put a ported engine on the same bike; It was a pretty good engine, but it had little power under 10mph and I had to pedal it up the same hill that the stock engine had no trouble climbing.

Not to say that I dislike ported engines, but up here in the Pacific Northwest there are a lot of hills, so low end torque is very important. and in this particular case having a (relatively) high hp engine with not much low-end torque isen't practical.

This is just my experience, I know that an engine's performance is entirely based off of how the engine is ported and this particular ported engine doesn't speak for all of them.

To clarify, I know the stock china girl is pretty limited and that there is a lot of room for improvement (balanced cranks etc.)

Don't take what he says to heart, he has a hardon for china girl purity for some reason. Saw cylinders properly tuned and a real pipe will make 5hp @ 3000rpm and it's just up from there.
5hp @ 3k LOL when it idles at 2500 and the clutch doesn't engage until 3500 in it's own case! Prove it! With less than half the ccr of it's intended case how is it making more power now? does your pipe hit at idle LOL

5hp @ 3k LOL when it idles at 2500 and the clutch doesn't engage until 3500 in it's own case! Prove it! With less than half the ccr of it's intended case how is it making more power now? does your pipe hit at idle LOL
Plenty of dyno footage from multiple builders. It makes plenty of power under the pipe (as a saw does). And when the pipe hits then it can make 10+ hp at your 8k rpm. Forget your ccr, its been shown to matter little and should not be focused on as much as you do. You try so hard lol

Last edited:
PROVE IT! Not one video can I see showing 5hp @ 3k so where is all this footage you speak of? Yeah I try hard to dispel the bs people come up with misleading others needlessly.Ask any REAL engine builder how important it is to have the correct c..c.r. I'll guarantee they won't agree it doesn't matter! You still have alot to learn!

Just because its the easiest to find. Sorry 3.5k rpm . There's more in other groups on FB. Didn't say it doesn't matter, but ccr is primarily an old school focus.

Anything that's not yours is BS apparently. SoRrY iM A nOoB i HaVe So MuCh To LeArN fRoM yOu 2 StRoKe MaStEr. Sounds to me like you've never built a proper saw bike

Just because its the easiest to find. Sorry 3.5k rpm . There's more in other groups on FB. Didn't say it doesn't matter, but ccr is primarily an old school focus.

Anything that's not yours is BS apparently. SoRrY iM A nOoB i HaVe So MuCh To LeArN fRoM yOu 2 StRoKe MaStEr. Sounds to me like you've never built a proper saw bike

No one belive's Rob's dyno results,That's a f***ing JOKE! The inertia weight is spun up by the starter so his run's are bogus right from the get go LOL doesn't know how to use it so what good is it? Show any other dyno run with 5hp at 3k NOT even the hot saw guy's get that!

Dolmar-Sachs 63 cc concrete and steel cutting saw engines make a lot of their power at moderate RPM's. They also have an RPM governor on their magneto/coil so you're limited to about 7000 rpm max.

I think it would be one of the few "saw" engines that would do well in a motorized bike, but I'd build it as a rear rack drive as any saw engine is going to be far too wide for mounting inside the front triangle.

This is an aprilla rs 50's dyno run,It did not make any where near 5 hp until 9k or more with both it's peaks made at around 13.3 -13.4 k then fell of hard at 14k and beyond.10-14k was the pipes range and it's very apparent.

Back