s-l1600.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 284
  • 61wD1qF67FL._SL1000_.jpg
    61wD1qF67FL._SL1000_.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 265
  • 61cSmz8k2HL._SL1000_.jpg
    61cSmz8k2HL._SL1000_.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 219
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Depends what you quantify as easy. Stud holes need filled and redrilled, transfer ports need to be filled, case needs decked for proper squish and the port timing needs some correction. Also this one may use the 12mm wrist pin so you need to use a bushing to fit our rods. Its not a bolt on cylinder by any means

An ms 361 and the ms 660 are two completely different things,the ms 361 is a 60cc 4.6 hp chain saw with 47mm bore and short 34mm stroke,it's clutch doesn't engage until 3,500 rpm and doesn't make it's power until around 8k so not well suited to a single speed setup when our engines can produce more hp and torque much lower where it's needed.The ms 660 is 54mm bore and 40mm stroke producing 7 hp (in it's case) so more potential power to be made but again not until higher up in the rpm range.Both can be adapted to our case with some work and knowledge sure but if you went to Millennium Technologies or L.A. Sleeve and had one of our cylinders prepped and plated It would perform better,last longer and bolt right on with no issues.Millennium's nickel,silicone,carbide treatment is stronger than nikasil and come's with a life time warranty so IMO money well spent with the best possible results.L.A. Sleeve uses nikasil and is a bit cheaper,not guaranteed to last but surely would out last the china chrome plating by far probably ten to one so again worth looking into.The little tricks likes cir clips used, better rings/piston along with a treated cylinder can produce just as much power if not more with alot less effort and similar expense.

7hp with a restricted little box muffler. Easy over 10hp stock with just a pipe. I know they can be built to over 20hp in saw form.
Edit: if a guy did run it like a race saw I'd imagine it would have to be rebuilt a lot just like most racing stuff.

Last edited:
The potential from a saw cylinder is much higher than any modified china cylinder. A reed valve alone on a ts400 takes up any bit of low end torque that was missing

Some peoples theory's are seriously flawed!Hp is based on torque and where that torque is made and falls off is the biggest factor of how much hp is made!I have engines that make 8hp and spin 14k does this mean that it's suitable for single speed engine in our bikes? And since it's higher hp and higher rpm it should be faster too right? Not, that's not how this works the engine I refereed to is a 49cc pocket bike engine and just like the saw jugs doesn't make it's power until around 8k,this means you can't gear it to get a better top end because it will never get there, it has to be geared accordingly and even then it's not that impressive!Believe it or not a stock china girl with 2-3hp @6-7k will propel you on a bike faster than the 8hp 14k pocket bike engine and that's because of the torque and where it's made being suited to it's use,all engines are designed for their intended use,I've rebuilt alot of saws both chain and qwick cut's(concrete saw) not one of them can rip it's self from my hands or pull me off my feet yet a china girl can!

Back