Mtn frame with ol school springer forks?

dcol372

Local time
1:55 PM
Has anyone seen a Mtn bike frame with an old school springer front end? Im getting ready to order one for mine. Just would like to see some pics of someone else's, if there is any. O, btw I decided just to start building of my Mtn frame. Got it taken apart and sanded yesterday and painted it today. I went with a olive drab color. Not excactly what shade i was looking for, but its close enough

:whistle:

nope never seen one before but picturing it in my mind it would look pretty rad.. you'll probably get a nice utilitarian look out of your bike. :)

yea I like the ol school looks, but finding an older cruiser bike around here has been unsuccessful. So I just decided to try to get the looks from the mtn frame

No, thats not the type of springer forks Im looking for. The type Im talking about are the ones that everyone puts on their cruiser bikes

No reason it can't work. Should be an interesting blend. If you're using a standard mountain bike frame then it will probably have more of a "V"
for an easier engine mount. Road bikes have this as well but by their very nature, the center tube is of a smaller gauge. (meant to be lighter)
A mountain bike will have a more rounded, heavier center tube at a
45 degrees angle unlike most cruiser frames that are curved.
Keep us posted on how things are going and maybe post some pics
when you're a little further along. Godspeed!

I just repainted the frame. Decided to go gloss black instead. Now I need to figure out how to post pictures.

heres the freshly painted frame baking in the sun.

Attachments

• 100_0434.jpg
    100_0434.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 175
Good looking frame! Now....After it dries I will be able to come by
and scrape the paint right off using my fingernail. You need to use
some urethane my friend. 2 coats (at least) applied with a soft brush.
None of that spray stuff - it doesn't work. Frame looks good!