Mtn frame with ol school springer forks?

You just need to know what kind of paint to buy. Me being an aircraft painter, I'm pretty good at choosing the right paint for the job. :cool:

Thanks for the compliment.

AH.....Sounds like I should be getting some direction from YOU then!
I will be keeping that in mind for my next build. Can't wait to see that
bike when you put those forks on. Should look pretty sweet!

Well according to my shipping tracker, I should have my new forks on Wed. of next week. Cant wait, so excited to what its gonna look like. :devilish:

Well Its Here...!

Just what we all have been waiting for. My ol school springer front end came today and I got it installed. The wheels and seat in pics are just for mock up. Ill be getting new wheels and a spring seat. I took my seat post to a welder today, I would've just done it myself, but I dont have a welder. I took and measured 3in. down from the top of the post and cut it off, I will be adding a 1.5in wide x 5in long 3/8in thick piece of flat stock and welding the cut tubes to that in a offset, kinda like what piratecycles.com sells. Hope everyone enjoys. God Bless

Attachments

• 100_0435.JPG
    100_0435.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 100_0437.JPG
    100_0437.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_0438.JPG
    100_0438.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_0436.JPG
    100_0436.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 106
Project Update...

I got my front disc brake conversion installed & I got my modified seat post and new spring seat mounted. Its a slow process due to having to order everything and wait for it to be shipped. Wished there was a custom bike store here in GA that does the builds

:cool:

Attachments

• 100_0448.JPG
    100_0448.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 100_0450.JPG
    100_0450.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Good looking frame! Now....After it dries I will be able to come by
and scrape the paint right off using my fingernail. You need to use
some urethane my friend. 2 coats (at least) applied with a soft brush.
None of that spray stuff - it doesn't work. Frame looks good!

as someone who is NOT an aircraft painter, what polyurethane do you recommend to use over a rattle-can paint job? I did several coats of primer, then paint, and then clear coat as well with just Rustoleum rattle can paint, but I will cry if everything chips. (I'm still waiting on some parts, so the bike isn't assembled yet). I did use car wax over the paint as extra protection... (I know that would have to be cleaned off before adding the poly)