Muffler contacting front tube

I am building a Zeda 80 kit. It is pretty much done. The muffler is mounted and barely contacts the front bike frame tube when it is tightened.
Will this be a problem? I could probably move it out about a 1/16 inch if I drill out the flange mounting holes or tip the motor a little, but I wonder if it
is hurting anything as is. If moved out too much, it will contact the left pedal. Could I just secure it to the tube with a clamp?
pic below. Thank for any opinions on this. John
Yeah, don't let the pipe touch the frame like that.
After a while the stress along with engine vibrations are gonna make the exhaust manifold threads pull/strip out
A few things can be done to get clearance

Heat and bend the pipe a little

Elongate the holes in the flange to move the pipe over a bit.

Use a piece of pipe the same DIA as you frame and put a dent in the pipe
Put the section of pipe that your gonna dent in a 1/2 round cradle so the side of the pipe ya don't want dented keeps it's shape
A dent won't hurt performance

Yeah, don't let the pipe touch the frame like that.
After a while the stress along with engine vibrations are gonna make the exhaust manifold threads pull/strip out

Use a piece of pipe the same DIA as you frame and put a dent in the pipe
Put the section of pipe that your gonna dent in a 1/2 round cradle so the side of the pipe ya don't want dented keeps it's shape
A dent won't hurt performance
I was wondering about vibration and the exhaust flange bolts. I can either dent the muffler pipe or flatten it a little with a grinder if needed.
But wont the muffler still need to be mounted or braced to the frame tube somehow?
My kit doesn't have a muffler mount brace of any kind.
Thanks for all the input. John

I was wondering about vibration and the exhaust flange bolts. I can either dent the muffler pipe or flatten it a little with a grinder if needed.
But wont the muffler still need to be mounted or braced to the frame tube somehow?
My kit doesn't have a muffler mount brace of any kind.
Thanks for all the input. John
I wouldn't grind that thin pipe

Use a muffler strap made for these M/B kit's I guess you'll have to order one
The strap hangs the pipe in position but don't put stress on the exhaust flange mounting bolts

Refer to this thread on the subject using conduit clips / clamps

Get some aluminum strap and make a solid clamp like I did with the muffler.
20230106_100204.jpg

They make an adapter that extends from the exhaust port it's two and a half inches in diameter I don't know what it's called

Back