Exhaust Muffler doesn't fit

Gavin_Sparks

Local time
12:33 AM
I recently bought an expansion chamber for my two-stroke, 49cc motorbike, and it doesn't fit. The tip of the muffler runs into the down post, which means that the muffler doesn't attach or sit correctly to the muffler engine bolts. What can I do to make it fit? Is there some sort of muffler extension I can get?

aWFAWffwFFW.jpg
IMG-7067.jpg
AWfwAfAWFFFW.jpg

A hammer, a vise or a c-clamp. Flatten until it fits!
I tried that, but the exhaust is pretty stiff and it didn't flatten or bend much. I could try heating it to make it more malleable, but any other suggestions?

Dude the only way to fix that pipe right is to do like @Chainlube suggested.
I would cut the flange almost off. The notch I would cut would match the gap you have but on the opposite side.
Then I would bend the notch closed and mount the pipe to the cyl then tack weld it. Remove the pipe and Welderup.

There is one other way you can make that pipe work.
Make a wedge shaped spacer piece to slip in between the flange and the cyl exhaust port so the flange will mount flush

I recently bought an expansion chamber for my two-stroke, 49cc motorbike, and it doesn't fit. The tip of the muffler runs into the down post, which means that the muffler doesn't attach or sit correctly to the muffler engine bolts. What can I do to make it fit? Is there some sort of muffler extension I can get?

View attachment 98467View attachment 98466View attachment 98468
Raise the motor up a little @ the front mount and drop the rear... (carry on) on my pic. you can see the hedder / heat sink I bought from Gas Bike that puts the exahust out a little bit and gives you more room to work with.
DSC00034.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 98467View attachment 98466View attachment 98468
Thanks! This is really helpful.
Lemme know how it workz out Gavin. (carry on)

This "pipe" most likely is not adding any performance anyways. Go get plans from jaguars website and build a proper exhaust. If you insist on using the pipe on your picture you could cut off the flange and have it welded back at an angle that allows to mount it on the bike.

Back