Exhaust Muffler doesn't fit

Those plan's won't work and the pipe's shape is pretty disproportionate. Other memeber's have pointed out the flaws.
I have built one of the older versions some years ago and it made a noticeable difference compared to stock exhaust. I had it set up with a bit longer header than in the plans due to the way I wanted to mount it. Would have been too low with shorter header. As a result I gained noticeable power in midrange but not too much top end. Don't have that bike anymore but I will build another one in near future when I have some spare time and do some back to back testing on my new bike and post results here.

Attachments

• pipe.jpg
    pipe.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 132
You could also go with something like this - it has an expansion chamber, muffler tip, and half of it is flexible, so you can wind it and mount it to your bike wherever.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200808-193735.png
    Screenshot_20200808-193735.png
    352.6 KB · Views: 132
  • USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1596924959865_6697988746864094949.jpeg
    USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1596924959865_6697988746864094949.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 116
Rat Ryder, Where did you get the clutch cover ? .... That's cool looking. (y)(y)

Your better off creating one from scratch or getting a compatible pipe to modify.
@Street Ryderz is one of the most well versed on this topic.
can you link any topics on it? search didnt find much. what i have heard is scooter pipes give quite narrow powerband as they are designed for engines with cvt gearbox so higher peak is better than wider powerband for scooters but s**t for single gear bicycle engines.

Graham Bell, Gordon Jennings, look for their books online in PDF. Site won't let me upload the pdf's.
i have those actually, was just wondering if there is any good info on this forum why jagpipe is not good

i have those actually, was just wondering if there is any good info on this forum why jagpipe is not good
Jag's pipe is too long has too much header length,the belly section is too small in dia as is the header to be used for performance gains. A good pipe for power and performance is a scooter pipe or a small dirt bike pipe if you just want peak rpm gains.Look at the physical dimension's of a good pipe compared to Jag's and you will see there is a huge difference.

can you link any topics on it? search didnt find much. what i have heard is scooter pipes give quite narrow powerband as they are designed for engines with cvt gearbox so higher peak is better than wider powerband for scooters but sh*t for single gear bicycle engines.
Scooter pipes have the broadest band width out there over any pipe and can span 4k or more where a typical dirt bike pipe is good for maybe 2k,whom ever told you this has it backward!Dyno results show scooter pipes pulling from 6-11k on average with a fixed single gear (no variator or centrifugal clutch)basically the same setup as our's,most people say that the scooter pipe's are torque monsters when setup and tuned right which makes it very street worthy and the racers have all switched to this style as well since a high peak pipe is useless coming out of the corner's or having to pull 3/4 of the straightaway before it hit's!

You could also go with something like this - it has an expansion chamber, muffler tip, and half of it is flexible, so you can wind it and mount it to your bike wherever.
I don't have them atm but there are photo's on this site showing the small inside dia (very restrictive) of the coupling's and header on that pipe,it causes excessive heat and limit's the potential peak of the engine you would be better off with a gutted stock pipe as the performance would be the same and the engine would last longer!The chamber section of that pipe isn't even close to being correct as I use the same size for 15cc engines and it's a bit small for that (needs more belly).The best suited chamber is volumetricly matched to the displacement of the engine for best result's!

Back