Muffler Gasket

ezrider

Local time
3:26 AM
On some kit manuals tutorials steps, they show installing a muffler gasket...between the muffler and the engine. Others do not. Is it necessary ??

2-stroke motors need a gasket - preferably fiber type without the metal covers on outside

usually when you get the motor the gasket is already stuck on the studs. if you don't have an expansion chamber, an exhaust leak isn't a big deal, it's just going to get your engine dirty.

I would definitely use a gasket. Buy one or make one. Every time I remove my muffler I have to replace the gasket because they get baked on and pretty much fall apart. I'm left then with scraping the s**t off the port and the muffler. What a pain in the ass!

I would definitely use a gasket. Buy one or make one. Every time I remove my muffler I have to replace the gasket because they get baked on and pretty much fall apart. I'm left then with scraping the s**t off the port and the muffler. What a pain in the ass!

If you use a good gasket that is made for the job this will not happen. What do you make your gaskets out of?

If you use a good gasket that is made for the job this will not happen. What do you make your gaskets out of?

These are the ones I've been usin other than the ones that came with the kit. http://www.ebay.com/itm/231805051225?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

The gasket I made out of thinner gasket material not cork. I haven't removed the muffler since I put on the one I made so I'm not sure if that one is gonna be baked on or not.

If you can recommend a better quality pre-made gasket or gasket material, I'm open to suggestions.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That is pretty much what I use. Is the one you made, made out of something that will with stand high heat? How much time do you have on it. Hay if it works go for it. I try and keep about 5 gasket kits handy and many individual gaskets as well. They are something you always use and I hate waiting on parts.

Is the one you made, made out of something that will with stand high heat?

I hope so lol. I'm gonna be removing it here soon because I have a tiny leak. Not enough to drip but when I run my finger under the gasket there's some residue. So we'll see what kind of condition it's in when I remove it. It looks fine from what I can see though.

Back