Engine Trouble Murphy's law

Gamergeek88

Local time
2:22 AM
Hey everyone,
This is my first build and the whole damn thing has given me trouble from the beginning. I followed the video instructions perfectly, some things didn't go so easily. Bought the Micarigi 48cc BBR kit from Bikeberry.com. They have been as helpful as they can. Long story short, I have Multimeter tested the CDI, spark plug, and magneto coil. All are within range, still nothing. Worked on the clutch, I'm pretty sure it's within the correct range of 1/8 in play. Carb seems clear to me. Just tried riding to see if it was just me overlooking something and literally nothing, didn't even sound like it was wanting to run.

Can you see spark at the plug, are you sure you have blue to blue black to black, Is the head properly torqued, Are you getting fuel to the carb, is the rotor magnet installed properly, have you tried it without the kill switch hooked up, is the plug wire screwed into the CDI properly.?

Is the engine turning over when you release the clutch? Or is the engine turning and just not starting? We will need answers to these questions if you'd like our help.

Well it sounds like either the clutch isnt adjusted properly, sometimes they get stuck. The other issue is the woodruff key could be missing or broken on the bevel gear. If you remove the clutch cover and turn the clutch gear you should be able to see if the bevel gear is turning the engine or just spinning on the crank. If it's a new engine they've been known to been shipped with missing woodruff keys.

Awesome thanks for the information. I'll let you know what happens this weekend when I have some time to tinker

Sounds like it's stuck or not adjusted properly. Try tightening the flower nut. You may have to tap it with a rubber mallet to unstick it if it is stuck

Is the clutch plate facing the right way? Mine (also from bikeberry) arrived with the plate backwards. Tightened that thing down so hard only to see that it wasnt making contact with the clutch pads. When I flipped it, at last! got a spark.

Back