MX-5 Superbike help needed

bwdbrn1

Local time
5:08 AM
I came across an MX-5 Superbike engine and could use some help from those who know more about these than I do. There isn't much on the internet about them, and looks like I'm going to need more help than I thought when I brought it home.

If anybody has a manual for one, I'd sure appreciate a copy, and any parts info would sure help too.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce W.

if I remember right it's a 33cc homelite 2 stroke in there. those things are surprisingly strong for such a small engine

Thanks for that information. I'll start taking a look at Homlite parts lists and see if there is anything that looks like it might interchange.

I have an mx5 superbike motor if anyone wants to buy it. Ill let it go for 60 bucks. Its like a year and a half old. Last time i checked it was working. It isnt locked up or anything but its just the motor. I used the throttle and carb on somethng else...lol.

I came across an MX-5 Superbike engine and could use some help from those who know more about these than I do. There isn't much on the internet about them, and looks like I'm going to need more help than I thought when I brought it home.

If anybody has a manual for one, I'd sure appreciate a copy, and any parts info would sure help too.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce W.
Still looking for help?

Welcome to the forum, unfortunately, this post was made about 4 years ago, my guess is that he figured it out by that time.

Actually it has been sitting untouched in a dark corner of my garage.
i couldn’t seem to get any spark out of it and mounting bits were needed too.

Damn, guess im wrong lol

Have you checked the points and condenser system? Hows the coil ohms voltage? New spark plug?

Looks like the one mustie1 put on the black knight. Not a complicated design just a pivot friction drive. Now all you need is a MX-5 Miata bicycle. I'm surprised because guests bumping old threads don't really start it up again.

Back