My 100cc motorized bicycle is backfiring...dont know how to fix?

Twrb79

Local time
2:46 AM
My 100cc motorized bicycle keeps backfiring.... don't know how to fix. Anyone have any ideas?

My 100cc motorized bicycle keeps backfiring.... don't know how to fix. Anyone have any ideas?
Before anyone answers this, lets not go into 10 million threads of problems like "Joel" did with his problematic, always altered, and modded, and totally screwed up bike and motor with his own "self-inflicted wounds" as regards his bike build.

Below is a link to some unorthodox modifications that Twrb79 has already done to his motor so anyone who can help him will already know whats done so your not guessing at a million different scenario's and possible solutions without having all the facts known thus far.

It appears, judging by a previous thread from the OP that he is not talking about a regular 100cc CG here, but a 100cc bottom end with an 80cc jug and a different head entirely...Good luck guys, Im out of this one...lol...I'm not knowledgable enough with modified 2 strokes to know the downsides of this build configuration...DAMIEN

If anyone remembers "Joel", this is what we all went through back then...At least ten pages worth of multiple problems that for the most part were self-inflicted...lol.

Ty Karl snarl. I didn't go ahead with the 80cc/100cc configuration. Right now it's 100 percent 100cc. I've checked for air leaks and that's all good but I have a gallon gas tank and my bike was not running for about a month.ive been doing a 40:1 oil gas mixture. I'm thinking I should drain my gas tank and make a fresh gallon.... what do u think?

Ty Karl snarl. I didn't go ahead with the 80cc/100cc configuration. Right now it's 100 percent 100cc. I've checked for air leaks and that's all good but I have a gallon gas tank and my bike was not running for about a month.ive been doing a 40:1 oil gas mixture. I'm thinking I should drain my gas tank and make a fresh gallon.... what do u think?
Sound like a good idea. Check for any kinks in the hose and for damage while you are there. Pop the plug and have a look at it too while it's draining.

Oh an check the jet for any clogging, clean out the fuel bowl too.

Will do on all of that and ty for your help and advice. I'll do all of that and I'll keep u updated. Thanks again

Will do on all of that and ty for your help and advice. I'll do all of that and I'll keep u updated. Thanks again
While you're doing all that, pop of the mag side cover and look for any metal shavings, could be a sign the timing is out. My spitty back fires when the timing is out.

Back