Craigslist My 1938 Schwinn "AutoCycle" 4 Digit Serial Number (Reno, Nv.)

Way too pretty to hook up an engine, and all the things to vibro off.I'd almost be afraid to ride it in traffic; in Amsterdam it'd be a hit.

It doesn't seem like the guy really wants to sell it that much. Understandable, if I owned something that rare for that long, I wouldn't want to sell it either. Heck, I've only owned my current bike for a few months, and its nothing particularly special, just a repop schwinn with a minibike engine and motorcycle forks, but I dont even want to sell that and people have offered. All I'm saying is that people with things that rare are tough to deal with, and the language he used makes it clear that he will be tough to deal with. I steer clear of these types of sales for this exact reason. If you want to sell something, you put a price on it and the first person to show up at your door with the money gets it. People that dont post those type of ads usually dont really want to sell their items. Putting up an ad for such a rare item without a price makes it impossible to guess what its worth, so almost every offer is going to be a lowballer without even knowing it. And yes, I agree that it belongs in a museum.

Back