my 1975ish schwinn 80cc

nice looking....solid build. Cool idea for routing your wiring. did you paint your engine??

a 1975ish cruiser. people may argue that its a schwinn and some a huffy but i think its a schwinn (but thats me).
Schwinn cruisers of this era have a welded-on kickstand. not bolted-on. (I'm talking, late 1940's to at least mid 1980's)
there is no shame in your bike NOT being Schwinn....It still is cool ...:cool:!

well then its a huffy late 70s im shure then. yes i got the motor off a friend a few weeks back the thing was working like **** oil everywhare. so i cleaned the motor off with some brake cleaner threw some 500 heat paint on and WALA. and i forgot to mention i spend $90 in replacement parts. good deal for a free motor.

You need a rear brake. Having just a front brake is not safe. Route the rear brake's lever with your front one on the right,just one under the other. It looks cool that way.And also,if your clutch cable ever fails,you have that rear brake cable as a temporary fix so you can make it home.
I love your bike,though. That frame is pretty nice.

yes i did have to cut a pretty big chunk out of it to fit, right whare the support is to but its holding real well so im glad i did that it looks a little better with the chainguard on.:cool:

You need a rear brake. Having just a front brake is not safe. Route the rear brake's lever with your front one on the right,just one under the other. It looks cool that way.And also,if your clutch cable ever fails,you have that rear brake cable as a temporary fix so you can make it home.
I love your bike,though. That frame is pretty nice.

dont worry the rear is a coaster brake setup. but i usually use the frount because it stops real well. and thanks.

dose anyone have any ideas how i might be able to pull a few more horses from that motor? i have the exhaust baffel and pipe cut out. any other ideas would be nice thanks.

well i was thinking im just a kinda person who likes to ride in the rain and mess around so i need a pair of fenders. i used to have a pair of old balloon fenders but thay gave so much trouble (raddles, breaks in the metal, vibrations, annoying) so i was wondering has anyone used plactic fenders? the ones sold at the bikes stores? are thay anygood?
because i would shure like to get a pair i just don know what would be better.

Back