My 1st Build "The Bombay Cruiser"

This is my first motorbike build.
The bicycle is a Micargi Rover NX3
The engine is the larger of the BGF series.
I disassembled, inspected and painted it with VHT.
I added the Pyramid Springer and the Rear Rack.
I'm not done, I have some detail work to do yet. So, what do you think ?

-J.R.-

Attachments

• 100_0327.jpg
    100_0327.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 890
  • 100_0328.jpg
    100_0328.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 819
  • 100_0329.jpg
    100_0329.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 697
  • 100_0330.jpg
    100_0330.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 756
  • 100_0331.jpg
    100_0331.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 605
  • 100_0332.jpg
    100_0332.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 343
Shweet! How fast?

Design-wise I would not sacrifice the rear rack for the gas tank. It's too valuable of a thing if you actually use the bike for any serious transportation. But if that works for you that's the main thing.

Michael

Last edited:
It hasn't gone on the maiden voyage yet.
I just got done with the major stuff afew hours ago.
I still need an inline fuel filter and some minor stuff.
I'll post when I get it up and running.
I'm going to take my time with the break-in.
I think the sleeve bearings look stronger than these
needle bearings they are using now, IMO.
Granted they are smoother, but they look like they could
detonate if you sneezed on them ! :D

Nicely done Boiler, easy on the eyes! I wonder if a flatter tank under the rack couldn't be fabricated to keep the sexy lines of that bike intact?

Nice machine :)

I like the positioning of the tank personally - although to free off the rack you might want to look out for an autocycle tank on e-bay.

The build is tidy and I am impressed :) not an easy thing as people will attest.

A couple of notes on the springer. You will need to tighten the damper a little for motored use - trial and error will help you there and be sure to check the bolts and fasteners on it - especially the two toplinks as they tend to work looser over time and faceplanting concrete is not a happytime lol

happy riding :)

Jemma xx

Very nice! Very tidy installation! I like all the detail work you've done (and I restore vintage bikes, so I'm detail oriented). Two thumbs up!
Seeing that you're also in central PA, I've been contemplating an informal MotoredBike / Whizzer / Cushman gathering. If you're interested, stay tuned...

It is a very nice build. I like the accents of red to go with the rims. Find a better tank and it's perfect.

well i just have to say nice bike clean lines like the paint funnny tank heheh my eye went right to the tank ...i got a ac condenser i think it would make a cool tank or muffler i think if i were to cut the tank neck then take the condenser to the muffler shop they could weld it on for me

ya that tank has to go back to the front, it looks way better up there, don't worry about folks thinking you are trying to look like a motorbike, you are in a league of your own with that bike - looks real smooth!

Back