my 1st build

IMG_3636.jpeg
not sure what brand of bike or motor but with a little bit of work ,this how she turned out. welded some solid motor mounts,was getting tired of the janky u bolt and etc. but anyways,boy oh boy are these things fun!! wanting to install disc brakes but i’m not sure of the size of the disk and wut not or wut will work on this. i’ll have to weld brackets to mount the caliper.

IMG_3625.jpeg

It looks like a huffy cruiser, mainly because of the bottle mount hole above your motor mount. You'll want to weld those up to keep it from cracking. @DAMIEN1307 had one that cracked, so I welded them up on the frame I am rebuilding my bike on. Nice bike too.

i might just do that . thanks for the heads up
Definitely do it...Motor vibration along with road vibrations at speed will start cracking that tube starting at those factory drilled holes like it did on my Huffy...The only good thing about that happening 3 years ago was I got the Hyper beach cruiser as a replacement bike and couldn't be happier...lol.

Definitely do it...Motor vibration along with road vibrations at speed will start cracking that tube starting at those factory drilled holes like it did on my Huffy...The only good thing about that happening 3 years ago was I got the Hyper beach cruiser as a replacement bike and couldn't be happier...lol.
If the thread insert is welded/brazed in , Those wont or shouldn't crack
But the bikes with a loose/rivet thread insert or just a hole drill and taped will probably crack on motorbikes

Back