My 1st Motored bike build.

Well i finally decided to purchase a engine kit for a beach cruiser. I found the cruiser on facebook marketplace for $25, and it was delivered. turned out to be a brand new bike. As for the engine kit i went with a zeda 80 firestorm. I had one issue with the exhaust. it would not fit around the bikes front downtube. Tryed the motor adapter, didnt like it. ended up finally with a ball peen hammer.it`s there and not touching the frame now. i have not started it yet and still needs the chain on, besides its like 19 f outside. but i plan to get the flexpipe exhaust i guess. also gonna have to take some width out of the handlebars, damn. The wiring i`m hoping is good, it was all plug in play,ha i didnt ground to the frame. Is that necessary? and from where?
16082-5ad1f0f4cac1cc3cd2a4ee1b4a6bf1f8.jpg

Chainlube

Why would you have to narrow the bars? I had to find some wider ones, I really like the feel when riding it.

coubob

I was gonna take an inch and a half off each side the way i like em.I had bars from an old Murray Monterey and i loved them. and been lookin on amazon.

coubob

I have a Schwinn varsity 1300 ., ya know a 14 speed with ramhorn bars, i forgot to see if it would even go in that frame till after, bike only weighs like 5 pounds. also had a differant cranbrook that i put a 24 rim with a 24x3 tire on back, sold it, kinda have plans to fix this one up like it was except with a motor.

Karl Snarl

I love the bars on my Cranbrook. Very comfortable to ride and just cruise along. Feels natural to have my hands where they are.

coubob

I finally took my ride out for the first time for a 15 minute ride, no complaints, other than it was to hot to touch after the ride, My question is How do i get it to run cooler., The sparkplug that came with the kit is a Z8C, the needles e-clip is in the middle notch, as for the gas i used non ethanol 91 octane with 2 2.6oz bottles of lucas 50:1 in a gallon of gas, while out riding and ran into friend on his motored bike and asked how hot their suppost to get? right and his was fairly cool compared to mine, he said add more oil. so i went and got 2 more stp 50:1, put one in the tank and the other in the other 1/2 gallon. drained bowl. filled with new and took it out again and it was hotter. Did i F`up or wtf LOL. I`m used to mixing the stuff for my weed eater with motor oil, and it runs like bat out of hell, for a long time. but anyhow 4x 2.6oz to a gallon of gas is like10.4 oz oops.not 8oz so i drained the tank. so im guessing i get 2 gallons of gas to mix with other. or what. Is that why it ran hot. I though more oil would cool it down, but it made it worse, so i should add more gas instread?ugh, but i did find out i need to balance my front rim it got a 30mph wobble for a moment. the bike is quit peppy, more than i thought it`d be. i did notice some 4strokin, a good first ride been better if i can figure gas ratio and keep the motor cool, took me back wishin i could kick up a big rooster tail in the burm

DieselTech

I mix 4 ounces of oil to 1 gallon of gas for a 32:1 mix ratio. I do this from the 1st time engine runs. You possibly dont have a air leak do you? That will make them run hot.

Chainlube

Just because the oil maker says 50:1, doesn't mean you have to run that. Two stroke drag bikes run 25:1.

But check for air leaks if she's running a touch hot, just squirt a little carb cleaner around the carb fittings and base and head gaskets. If there is an rom change then there is a leak.

DieselTech

Nice ride! I think the cranbrook is a good 1st motorized bike platform, its very common bike build around these parts.