My 1st Motored bike build.

Well i finally decided to purchase a engine kit for a beach cruiser. I found the cruiser on facebook marketplace for $25, and it was delivered. turned out to be a brand new bike. As for the engine kit i went with a zeda 80 firestorm. I had one issue with the exhaust. it would not fit around the bikes front downtube. Tryed the motor adapter, didnt like it. ended up finally with a ball peen hammer.it`s there and not touching the frame now. i have not started it yet and still needs the chain on, besides its like 19 f outside. but i plan to get the flexpipe exhaust i guess. also gonna have to take some width out of the handlebars, damn. The wiring i`m hoping is good, it was all plug in play,ha i didnt ground to the frame. Is that necessary? and from where?
16082-5ad1f0f4cac1cc3cd2a4ee1b4a6bf1f8.jpg

coubob

My bike acts like it has a governor on it, like where did top end go. Gonna check things out tomorrow. any ideas? float level? wiring? Spark plug boot? fuel filter? timing? i`m useing 32.1 gas, 75 jet, needle on the middle notch, .28 plug gap, 21 float height(i think) stock carb and muffler ( with inside tube cut out and drilled 4 1/8in holes in the bottom next to main outlet) it runs pretty good except when i get to 3/4 throttle it like bla bla thats all folks.if everything checks out ok should i put the f2 on and ditch the stock muffler.

coubob

Did some tinkering around to see wtf. I ended up reattaching the pipe that goes up inside the stock muffler. I took out my air filter, double checked my float height of 21mm, put in a 70 jet, set the plug at .025. left the clip in the middle notch of the needle. It might have a little 4stroke around 20mph, but i have my top end back. I think i did more than 40mph today,have to find tomorrow, cause that`d be a rec for me, and the thing is cooler than it has been too. I still haven`t put on my banana seat, i`m waiting for the new bars that is suppose to be here this next week end. My chain came loose and after i tightened it, it seems like the sprockets aren`t lined up correct, its trying to roll up on the motor sprocket. Guess the back wheel comes off next to align them. But if i can hit 40 i`ll be happy, but i keep eyeballin the smolikperformance.com page, wishing..

coubob