My 1st Motored bike build.

Well i finally decided to purchase a engine kit for a beach cruiser. I found the cruiser on facebook marketplace for $25, and it was delivered. turned out to be a brand new bike. As for the engine kit i went with a zeda 80 firestorm. I had one issue with the exhaust. it would not fit around the bikes front downtube. Tryed the motor adapter, didnt like it. ended up finally with a ball peen hammer.it`s there and not touching the frame now. i have not started it yet and still needs the chain on, besides its like 19 f outside. but i plan to get the flexpipe exhaust i guess. also gonna have to take some width out of the handlebars, damn. The wiring i`m hoping is good, it was all plug in play,ha i didnt ground to the frame. Is that necessary? and from where?
16082-5ad1f0f4cac1cc3cd2a4ee1b4a6bf1f8.jpg

DAMIEN1307

Staff member
Local time
5:52 AM
So if my zeda 80 was balanced before I put the windowed piston in, I might have to add some jb weld under the new piston to get it the same weight as before? Ot would it be that much differance
I would never add something like JB weld to the internal moving parts of ANY motor...I would instead hold off ANY balancing effort until you are able to do it with the intended parts in hand that you intend to be in use.

coubob

Local time
6:52 AM
I would never add something like JB weld to the internal moving parts of ANY motor...I would instead hold off ANY balancing effort until you are able to do it with the intended parts in hand that you intend to be in use.
I never no with some of the crazy stuff I see people do. But I didn't notice a difference anyhow.

coubob

Local time
I'm just assuming that if it was balanced with a non windowed piston and I put one in that would throw off the engines balance. But I never noticed nothing but I'm still at stock rpm range too. So it probably don't matter.

DAMIEN1307

Staff member
Local time
5:52 AM
I'm just assuming that if it was balanced with a non windowed piston and I put one in that would throw off the engines balance. But I never noticed nothing but I'm still at stock rpm range too. So it probably don't matter.
Thats the reason why I have never seen any need to "balance" with the Zeda series of engines when using either the Zeda 80 or the new Phantom 85, (Also a Zeda motor, ZTMoto on Phantoms IS Zeda Technology Co., LTD), since they come with what they call a "better balanced crank" to begin with.

The average user/rider would probably never be riding their bikes at extreme RPMs to ever notice a difference to begin with.

Thus far, my warranty replacement Phantom 85 is running quite well with no discernable vibration disturbances even with speeds in the 42 MPH plus ranges that I am hitting in just short spurts during breakin...I have yet to hit any WOT during this breakin period because it goes quite fast enough for a bicycle with a motor strapped to it...I do not have a death wish nor suffer from suicidal tendencies...lol...lol.

coubob

Local time
That's why I have been thiking about going back with the reg piston and intake. Unless I can do some porting to benefit low and midrange using the reed setup. But there's others for that instead of the reed . Any other people on here that did a reed setup for more mid range, Without the suicidal speed ?

Chainlube

Local time
4:52 AM
Your windowed piston will give you a better balance, the Zeda isn't balanced perfect, just some.