My 1st Motored bike build.

Well i finally decided to purchase a engine kit for a beach cruiser. I found the cruiser on facebook marketplace for $25, and it was delivered. turned out to be a brand new bike. As for the engine kit i went with a zeda 80 firestorm. I had one issue with the exhaust. it would not fit around the bikes front downtube. Tryed the motor adapter, didnt like it. ended up finally with a ball peen hammer.it`s there and not touching the frame now. i have not started it yet and still needs the chain on, besides its like 19 f outside. but i plan to get the flexpipe exhaust i guess. also gonna have to take some width out of the handlebars, damn. The wiring i`m hoping is good, it was all plug in play,ha i didnt ground to the frame. Is that necessary? and from where?
16082-5ad1f0f4cac1cc3cd2a4ee1b4a6bf1f8.jpg

coubob

Local time
6:53 AM
Your axle is bent possibly if both chains do it. If chains go tight then slack a bit as rolling the bike. It could possibly be a wheel bearing going out as well.
Thanks,I have already replaced the bearings once in it. I get anouther axle.

coubob

Local time
I haven`t checked to see if my back axle is bent. But i`m thinking the old flatened bearings i had to replace in the coaster brake hub, wore the hub race uneven as well when the bearings failed. And these being huffy cranbrook rims and tires. It might be time for something better.

coubob

Local time
Trying to find anything about uneven pedal chain tension and all I find is stuff dealing with the front sprocket. Ans since I just put in a new crank bearing set. I will see if I can center the 1 piece crank sprocket better.

coubob

Local time
I took off the back rim and you can see the axle is bent without even having to take it apart. It`s worse on the motored side than the pedal side. I have a spare but it`s threads are messed where the nut tightens.

DieselTech

Local time
I took off the back rim and you can see the axle is bent without even having to take it apart. It`s worse on the motored side than the pedal side. I have a spare but it`s threads are messed where the nut tightens.
Time to upgrade to good wheels & or better axle bearing setup. I figured axle was bent if both chains got tight then slacked while slowly rolling.

coubob

Local time
I replaced these two items with used ones laying around. Worked out great till the back tire got cut out riding afterwards. Looking at the kenda k838 tire.
20221003_200909.jpg

coubob

Local time
So I took off my front crank sprocket and centered the damn thing. My chains on both sides now have even tension throughout. I just didn't want them getting floppy and coming off while hauling ass.