My 1st Motored bike build.

Well i finally decided to purchase a engine kit for a beach cruiser. I found the cruiser on facebook marketplace for $25, and it was delivered. turned out to be a brand new bike. As for the engine kit i went with a zeda 80 firestorm. I had one issue with the exhaust. it would not fit around the bikes front downtube. Tryed the motor adapter, didnt like it. ended up finally with a ball peen hammer.it`s there and not touching the frame now. i have not started it yet and still needs the chain on, besides its like 19 f outside. but i plan to get the flexpipe exhaust i guess. also gonna have to take some width out of the handlebars, damn. The wiring i`m hoping is good, it was all plug in play,ha i didnt ground to the frame. Is that necessary? and from where?
16082-5ad1f0f4cac1cc3cd2a4ee1b4a6bf1f8.jpg

coubob

Local time
11:37 AM
The studs were 6mm`s, so i got me some 8mm`s to put in it. So I`ll yank the head to drill and tap new exhaust bolt holes. I figured if i have to do one i might as well do both, is this OK TO DO? i dont think i have a choice or do I? i have already tried jbweld, it didnt work. I have drilled and tapped things before so thats not an issue for me, but i guess i`ll tap them to 8`s during thanksgiving sometime.

DieselTech

Local time
The studs were 6mm`s, so i got me some 8mm`s to put in it. So I`ll yank the head to drill and tap new exhaust bolt holes. I figured if i have to do one i might as well do both, is this OK TO DO? i dont think i have a choice or do I? i have already tried jbweld, it didnt work. I have drilled and tapped things before so thats not an issue for me, but i guess i`ll tap them to 8`s during thanksgiving sometime.
Heli coils are a option but it would be more costly, probably alot better fix in the long run. But yeah you can definitely go to 8mm.

coubob

Local time
Heli coils are a option but it would be more costly, probably alot better fix in the long run. But yeah you can definitely go to 8mm.
I was thinking heli coil but like ya say more money. I might polish the exhaust while it's off and do a tech up if needed .

coubob

Local time
I ended up getting some cdi's some crank seals and exhaust gaskets . the cdis were 5bucks so I got 3 , 2 of them and the seals are for dudes bike. The 1 piece head and jug 66cc. Pegasus I think.. kinda getting tired of helping him out he never tightens or maintains his bike than comes to me.

DAMIEN1307

Staff member
Local time
10:37 AM
kinda getting tired of helping him out he never tightens or maintains his bike than comes to me.
Exactly the reason I turn down requests to build these little beasties for people.

The only exception to that rule is if they say they want to be involved in all phases of building it so they will know how to maintain it properly with the list of things to do periodically.

I'm still waiting for that to happen...lol...lol...At least if they are involved, I can point out exactly what they will need to do to maintain it themselves since I have zero intention of being their personal, on call mechanic,...lol...I highly value my time and effort...lol.

DieselTech

Local time
I ended up getting some cdi's some crank seals and exhaust gaskets . the cdis were 5bucks so I got 3 , 2 of them and the seals are for dudes bike. The 1 piece head and jug 66cc. Pegasus I think.. kinda getting tired of helping him out he never tightens or maintains his bike than comes to me.
Start charging him to work on it!!! Even if it's a trade for groceries, beer, or whatever. Once you start charging him to work on it, he will learn to start taking care of his ride.

coubob

Local time
Well i tapped the new 8mmx1.25 threads for the exhaust. That went good. But i broke a bit when i started to drill in the F2 exhaust flange, so i`m using a round file instead, it dont need much. There was a little carbon build up on the center of the piston that i took off , but other than that, everything looked good inside. As for dude, he has had a motored bike for 5-7 years. And ran his 49cc into ground and we changed jugs and it kept agoing, even with bailing wire holding it in cause it only had two motor mounts , the left ones. lol but He has always pays for all the parts i get him. and i dont mind helping the dude out, and he`s always helping me out in return.