My 2nd build

Switching to mag wheels, red and black, as soon as all the parts come in. This bike is way more comfortable than my first ride, mongoose hotshot, but not as reliable. The cheap rear wheel is problem after problem.. Right now I have no cassette on it. I have to scoot start and I've learn to take off from a dead stop by burning up my clutch!

IMG_20190720_153706.jpg

Also... Finding tubes for these wheels is not convenient...

Mainly me. I didn't do what needs to be done. Fist thing, after a couple of test rides the rear bearings came loose and the wobble snapped my chain. New chain tightened bearings and then my cassette came off. Stripped the threads... So now I can't use the peddles. I scoot it and start it.

My first build... Man that ride is sweet now as far as dependability. A lot of sweat went into it. About 10 days ago a gust of wind knocked it over from the kickstand and somehow it hit something and the rear wheel bent about 30 degrees... It is a 700c and a very rough ride so I ordered a new bike to swap the kit onto. In two weekends we should have a new monster.

I have had the bearing cap come loose on the freewheel but caught it in time and took it off and covered it with red loctite it's never come loose again.

It's a mongoose creekside, I got it off kijiji for $30 canadian I was going to use it as a regular bike so I've already replaced all the bearings,headset,bottom bracket, pretty much everything lol just needs an engine. However if I do that im going to put a shift kit on it and swap the forks for triple trees and a few other things.

This one I have 2.12 squared cruiser tires. I love them. I already ordered them for my transplant bike. Compared to the skinnier 700c tires and the suspension forks with the rigid forks on the hotshot... Man this ride is smooth. I just took off my rear derailleur which let me slide the axle further back and eliminate the need for the tensioner. This is a smooth bike, at least from my experience. I just have to scoot start it

Back